USB-C 10Gbps to M.2 NVMe or M.2 SATA SSD Enclosure, Tool-free M.2 PCIe-SATA SSD Aluminum Enclosure, USB-C & USB-A Host Cables
Turn your PCIe M.2 NVMe or SATA AHCI M.2 SSD into a highly portable, USB-based external storage solution. This enclosure features USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) with UASP support & PCIe 3.0 delivering real read/write data transfer speeds up to 1GB per second. Working with both PCIe and SATA based drives, this enclosure ensures compatibility with many M.2 drives, supporting both M-Key (PCIe) and B+M-Key (SATA) drives sized 2230/2242/2260/2280. The enclosure is also forward compatible with PCIe 4.0 based drives, at reduced PCIe 3.0 performance.
USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps (also known as USB 3.2 Gen 2x1) is backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1 5Gbps (also known as USB 3.0), USB 2.0, and USB 1.1.
All-in-One M.2 and USB Solution
With compatibility for both PCIe NVMe and SATA based M.2 drives, this enclosure solves the common challenge of identifying which enclosure is compatible with your M.2 drive. Regardless of whether your M.2 drive is SATA or PCIe NVMe based, you can rest assured that this enclosure will provide a high-performance solution for turning your M.2 drive into a portable external enclosure. For further compatibility the enclosure works with multiple drive lengths supporting 2230, 2242, 2260 and 2280mm drives including Samsung (850, 860, 870, 950, 960, 970) Kingston, Seagate, Western Digital (WD), HP, and Intel SSD drives.
For multiplatform support this enclosure, the enclosure features a USB-C host connection, and includes two different 12 in. (30 cm) host cables, a USB-C to USB-C cable and a USB-C to USB-A cable. This combined with the backward compatibility of the USB protocol, ensures that this M.2 enclosure will work with virtually any computer, whether it's USB-A, USB-C or Thunderbolt 3/4.
Tool-Free Drive Installation
The external M2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD enclosure case supports driverless plug-and-play installation and features tool-less drive installation, so you can install your drive with no tools required.
Leverage the high speeds of your M.2 NVMe or SATA drive, with this external SSD enclosure. It delivers USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 maximum theoretical throughput of 10Gbps, which is twice the throughput of USB 3.2 Gen 1x1 at 5Gbps. The enclosure also supports PCIe 3.0 which when combined with an M.2 NVMe drive takes full advantage of the throughput available to USB 3.2 Gen 2x1.
This fan-less aluminum enclosure features ventilation holes for maximum heat dissipation, ensuring your drive operates noiselessly at an optimal temperature to preserve performance and protect your drive from overheating damage.
Durable and Portable
This slim, pocket-sized enclosure for PCIe NVMe or SATA based M.2 drives is specially designed for mobility, with a small form-factor design that fits easily into your laptop bag. Its lightweight, yet durable aluminum housing helps to ensure your drive won't be damaged while you're on the move.
M2-USB-C-NVME-SATA is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: External USB-C or USB-A NGFF storage solution for your PCIe M.2 NVMe or SATA M.2 AHCI SSD; This enclosure features USB 3.2/3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) with UASP support & PCI Express 3.0
- BROAD USB HOST COMPATIBILITY: M.2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD enclosure comes with two separate 12 in. (30 cm) USB host cables to provide support for both USB Type-A and USB Type-C/Thunderbolt 3/4 host computers; Backward compatible with USB 3.0/2.0
- TOOL-LESS INSTALLATION: The M2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD (solid state drive) adapter features driverless plug-and-play setup and a tool-less case design for hassle free drive installation
- M.2 COMPATIBILITY: Works w/M.2 PCIe NVMe (M-Key) & M.2 SATA (B+M-Key) based drives: 2230/2242/2260/2280 SSDs incl Samsung 850/860/870/950/960/970, Kingston, Seagate, Western Digital, HP & Intel; PCIe 4.0 SSDs (reduced speed); NOT COMPATIBLE W/22110mm
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: Compact aluminum housing (4.1x.14x0.5 in / 105x35x14 mm) protects the SSD & acts as a large heatsink for heat dissipation, ensuring consistency at peak performance levels; Ideal for high-speed data backup & recovery