Tripp Lite USB to Serial Adapter Converter RS-422-RS-485 USB to DB9 4-Port -> -> May Require Up to 5 Business Days to Ship -> May Require up to 5 Business Days to Ship
Connects Up to Four 9-Pin Serial Devices to Your Computer, Laptop or Tablet's USB-A Port
This USB to serial converter turns your computer's USB port into four DB9 ports capable of connecting RS-422 and RS-485 serial devices, such as modems, handheld scanners and GPS systems. No external power source is needed. Just connect the included USB cable between the U208-004-IND and your computer, and insert the included CD into your computer's CD drive in order to launch the driver. You'll be able to configure and share data among point-of-sale equipment and other serial devices. LEDs indicate when serial data is being sent or received.
Independent DIP Switches for Easy Port Configuration
The U208-004-IND's serial ports can be set to automatically detect an RS-422 or RS-485 device by adjusting their DIP switch settings. The ports can also be set specifically for use in 4-wire mode.
COM Retention Feature for Convenient Reassigning of COM Values to Ports
This USB to RS-485 adapter with built-in FTDI chipset offers COM retention. It automatically reassigns the same COM port values to each port, so when the cable is disconnected or the system is rebooted, no additional configuration is needed. The cable auto-detects and auto-switches RS-422 and RS-485 devices. It also supports RS-485 auto-transceiver turn around with unique featured ATTA hardware.
Rugged All-Metal Housing Designed to Last in Harsh Industrial Applications
The wall-mountable USB to serial converter with an industrial-grade steel enclosure offers electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection to ±15kV. It supports serial communications speeds up to one Mbps and USB 2.0 specifications, though it is backward compatible with USB 1.1 devices.
The U208-004-IND is backed by a 2-year warranty, ensuring reliability and performance.
- USB to serial converter lets you connect four 9-pin serial devices to your computer or laptop's USB-A port.
- Auto-detects and -switches RS-422 and RS-485 serial devices
- Independent DIP switch controls provide easy port configuration
- Automatically reassigns COM values to each port to avoid additional configuration
- USB-powered, so no bulky or obtrusive external power supply is required
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux-works with most computers
- 2-year limited warranty
- 3 ft
- 8 x 2-pin Jumpers
- Driver CD
- Form Factor:External
- Limited Warranty:2 Year
- Manufacturer Part Number:U208-004-IND
- Owner's Manual
- Package Contents:U208-004-IND RS422/485 USB to Serial FTDI Adapter
- Product Model:U208-004-IND
- Product Name:U208-004-IND RS422/485 USB to Serial FTDI Adapter
- Serial/Parallel Adapters
- Storage Systems
- Tripp Lite
- USB-A to USB-B Cable (M/M)
Have a Question before ordering?
We will gladly answer within 24 hours!