StarTech.com USB to Serial Adapter - 2 Port - RS232 RS422 RS485 - COM Port Retention - FTDI USB to Serial Adapter - USB Serial
The ICUSB2324852 2 Port USB to RS232 RS422 RS485 Serial Adapter with COM Retention lets you connect every type of serial device to your USB-enabled computer, whether it be for RS232, RS422, or RS485 communication. The adapter features a 9-pin (DB9) male and a 5-pin terminal block serial connector as well as dip-switch controls for easy port configuration with minimal software requirements. The adapter also supports using 2 ports simultaneously, including with mixed protocols; for example RS-232 on port 1, and RS-485 on port 2, or a number of other combinations.
For a convenient, and clean installation in office or industrial settings, the RS232/RS422/RS485 USB Adapter is wall-mountable and fully powered via the host USB connection, providing power to the attached serial device without requiring an external power adapter.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Supports RS-485 Auto Transceiver Turn Around by Unique Featured ATTA Hardware
- Multiple interface modes, including: 4 wire RS422(TxD+/-, RxD+/-), and 2 wire RS485 (DATA+, DATA-)
- Port 1 (DB9) configurable for RS232, RS422, or RS485; Port 2 (Terminal Block) configurable for RS422 or RS485
- COM Port assignments maintained after reboot
- Ability to rename devices for easy recognition
- Features rugged screw-lock USB port to ensure cords are not accidentally disconnected
- Includes a bracket for wall mounting the USB to Serial adapter
- USB-powered; No additional external power adapter required
- Both ports can function simultaneously with mixed or matched communication protocols
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1