StarTech.com USB to RS232-RS485-RS422 4 Port Serial Hub Adapter - Industrial Metal USB 2.0 to DB9 Serial Converter - Din Rail Mountable
Add four extra COM ports to your laptop or desktop computer, quickly and easily. This USB to RS232/422/485 serial adapter lets you connect to your serial devices through an external USB port.Supports multiple serial protocols
The versatile serial adapter converts a single USB port into four RS232/RS422/RS485 serial ports, enabling you to connect, monitor, and control a wide range of serial devices, such as sensors, barcode scanners, and LED signage. It supports four operating modes, including RS232, RS422, 4-wire and 2-wire RS485.Ideal for harsh environments
With its rugged IP30-rated metal hub housing, the serial adapter is built to meet the extreme demands of harsh and mission-critical environments. It provides 15 kV ESD protection, which helps to reduce downtime in industrial environments where communications lines are more prone to noise emissions or sudden spikes in voltage.
The serial adapter offers flexible mounting options, with a built-in wall-mounting bracket and included DIN rail mounting kit. It also features a screw-locking host connection plus a screw-locking USB-B connector on the included USB cable, to prevent accidental disconnections.Fast data transfers
The serial adapter is equipped with high-speed UARTs, providing fast data rates of up to 921Kbps in RS232/422/485 operating modes.
The ICUSB234854I is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- RUGGED & RELIABLE: This industrial metal USB to serial adapter hub adds 4 RS-232/422/485 ports & 1 USB 2.0 port w/ 15kV ESD surge protection (level 4), IP30 rating & locking connectors on all ports
- 4 SERIAL PORTS: The ports on this USB to serial converter can be individually configured to RS232, RS422 or RS485 (2wire/4wire) at baud rates up to 921.6Kbps for devices like barcode scanners/printers
- MOUNTING OPTIONS: This metal mountable 4-port serial hub w/ 6ft (1.8 m) screw-lock USB cable incl. installs securely to a desk, wall or DIN rail using the built-in mounting ears & incl. DIN brackets
- FLEXIBLE POWER: This serial hub can be powered with either the 12V screw-locking power adapter or the 5V USB input, while each serial port (pin 9) can be set to 5V, 12V (power adapter required), or 0V
- WIDELY COMPATIBLE: To connect industrial grade equipment to any terminal, the USB to multiple DB9 male serial converter supports current and legacy Windows, Linux, macOS, as well as embedded platforms