StarTech.com USB 2.0 Extender over Cat5e or Cat6 RJ45 Cable - 330ft/100m USB Extender Adapter Kit w/ ESD - Locally or Remotely Powered
Flexible power input options
Many USB-to-Ethernet extenders require that the remote unit has a power source connected for operation, which can make installation difficult. This versatile USB extender over Cat5e and Cat6 overcomes that restriction, letting you connect the power adapter to either the local (transmitter) unit or the remote (receiver) unit as needed.
When the power adapter is connected to the local unit, the USB over LAN extender delivers power over your Cat5e, Cat6, or Cat7 cable, eliminating the need for a power adapter in the remote location. Now you have the added convenience to install your USB device even in a remote location where a power outlet is unavailable, up to 100 m away.
Eliminates hassle and smashes distance limitations
This USB to Cat5e converter overcomes the 16 ft. cable length limitations of traditional USB 2.0 cables, so you can create a more efficient, more flexible workspace. It's perfect for connecting webcams, printers, flash drives, and virtually any USB peripheral.
Plus, with the included power adapter, you can connect USB devices such as external hard drives. For added installation convenience, the USB extender kit features built-in cable-tie slots for mounting to a pole.
Supports any operating system and older devices
The 100m USB extender is multi-platform compatible, so it supports a variety of operating systems such as Windows®, Mac, Linux® and Chrome OS™. Setup is easy with no additional drivers or software required, and the universal USB extender is backward compatible with USB 1.1 and 1.0 peripherals.
The USB2001EXT2P is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- PLUG-AND-PLAY: The extender features driverless installation & is compatible w/ major operating systems incl. Windows, macOS, Linux; Backwards compatible with USB 1.0 and USB 1.1 devices
- POWERED USB EXTENDER KIT: The included power adapter enables the USB port to provide 5V, 500mA of power, and can be connected to either the local transmitter or the remote receiver
- INDUSTRIAL USB EXTENDER: Built w/ durable extruded aluminum construction for high wear & tear environments w/ mounting brackets incl; provides 8kV/16kV Contact/Air Electrostatic Discharge protection
- CONNECT REMOTE USB DEVICES: The USB extender let's you remotely access USB devices like printers, cameras, plotters, keyboard/mouse, laser cutters, displays, or CCTV systems from a convenient location
- USB 2.0 EXTENDER: Extend a USB device up to 100m/330ft over CAT5e/CAT6 RJ45 ethernet network cable w/ data transfer rates up to 480Mbps; LEDs monitor power, activity status, link & host connectivity.