StarTech.com Gigabit Ethernet Card
Add up to four 1GbE SFP modules to a PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 x2 (or higher) slot in an IT Administrator workstation or server backplane, using this 4-Port SFP Network Controller.
High Performance Intel Chipset
The network controller features an Intel I350 chip known for its reliability and high-performance capabilities, offering low-latency and low CPU utilization, ensuring smooth and efficient network data transfer, which is critical for business applications and services. Support for VMDq, SR-IOV, and Intel® VT-c technologies allow for enhanced virtual machine performance, reduced CPU overhead, and improved network virtualization capabilities. The PCIe network card supports PXE boot, enabling centralized operating system deployment and updates. It also features 9K jumbo frame support, reducing packet overhead for improved data transmission efficiency. VLAN tagging support allows for efficient network management and segmentation.
Hardware and Operating System Compatibility
The network interface controller connects to an available x2 PCI Express 2.0 (or higher) expansion slot. It is compatible with Windows Server 2012 and newer, Windows 10 and newer, Linux, VMware ESXi 7.x, and Microsoft Hyper-V. This NIC is compatible with both MSA-compliant and branded 1GB SFP modules, as well as direct attach copper cables (DACC).
Flexible Network Connections
The card features four SFP slots for interchangeable SFP modules. Select fiber transceiver modules that best suit the network needs of the application, based on the distance and connector type. StarTech.com offers a wide variety of SFP transceiver modules to meet many GbE network applications.
- INTEL I350 SERIES NETWORK CARD: High-performance PCIe 4-port network card featuring Intel I350-AM4 chipset adds four gigabit open SFP slots to a desktop or server; Supports IPv4, IPv6, TCP/UDP offloading, link aggregation
- UNLOCKED 1GB SFP SLOTS: Works with any Singlemode/Multimode MSA-compliant or branded SFP/direct attach copper cable (DACC) module; 1Gbps (full-duplex) bandwidth per port; Fiber enables longer cable runs than copper cabling while being immune to EMI
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with Windows Server 2012 & up, Windows 10 & up, Linux, VMware ESXi 7.x, and Microsoft Hyper-V; PCI Express Network Adapter Card is compatible with PCIe version 2.1/2.0 and works in PCI Express x2 or larger expansion slots
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: LED indicators for port status/activity monitoring, as well as to assist with troubleshooting; Gigabit Ethernet NIC features a built-in heatsink to keep controller chips running cool and ensure reliable, sustained performance
- IT MANAGEABILITY: PXE boot enabled for centralized OS deployment and updates; 9K jumbo frame support for reduced packet overhead; VLAN tagging support for efficient network management; Supports Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-c, VMDq, SR-IOV)