StarTech.com Dual-Monitor USB-C Docking Station, DisplayPort & HDMI/VGA Multi Monitor Dock up to 4K 60Hz, USB-C Dock, 7x USB Hub, 85W PD
This USB Type-C Docking Station expands the connectivity of a USB-C laptop, enabling support for dual monitors and adding seven downstream USB ports. The USB-C Dock features driverless installation. It's compatible with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3/4 computers and works with Windows and ChromeOS computers. The Dock features a locking USB-C host port and includes a USB-IF Certified 3.3ft (1m) locking host cable.
High-Performance Dual Video via MST
The docking station provides DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0b and VGA video outputs with support for dual or single video output configurations, creating a powerful workstation. It supports DP 1.4 Alt Mode with MST allowing for uncompressed video performance up to dual 2560x1440 at 60Hz, or single-4K 60Hz on the DisplayPort and HDMI video outputs. Connect a DisplayPort monitor and choose between HDMI or VGA for the second display. This provides users with the flexibility to enjoy dual-monitor functionality with different connectivity options, based on preference or available monitors.
Video performance, such as resolution and refresh rate across both monitors, is dependent upon the host computer and it's video controller. A source device with support for DisplayPort 1.4 and MST is required to achieve maximum performance. Please review the below chart and the specifications of your computer and displays to determine the expected video performance.
DisplayPort 1.4 (Intel 11th Generation and Higher)
1x 4K 60Hz
2x 2560 x 1440p 60Hz
DisplayPort 1.2 (Intel 10th Generation and Below) 1x 4K 30Hz 2x 1920x1200/1080p 60Hz
- All specified resolutions support RGB color representation (4:4:4)
- Computers with discrete graphics controllers may achieve higher performance
- Chart assumes combination of DisplayPort and HDMI video outputs, maximum VGA resolution is 1920x1200 in any configuration
Full-Featured Docking Station with Built-in 7-Port USB Hub
Connect the docking station to the host computer's USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) Type-C port to access a wide range of port connectivity and features, including seven downstream USB ports with a variety of speeds and connector types. The docking station features:
- 1x DisplayPort 1.4 port for connecting an Ultra-High Definition monitor with support for resolutions up to 4K 60Hz.
- 1x HDMI 2.0b port with HDR for connecting an Ultra-High Definition monitor with support for resolutions up to 4K 60Hz.
- 1x VGA port for connecting a Full High-Definition monitor with support for resolutions up to 1080p/1920x1200.
- 2x USB-A (USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps) ports for connecting high speed USB peripherals, such as SSD storage.
- 4x USB-A (USB 2.0 480Mbps) ports for USB HID devices, such as a keyboard and mouse.
- 1x USB-C (USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps) ports for connecting high speed USB peripherals, such as SSD storage.
- 7-PORT USB HUB: The dock features a wide variety of extra USB ports for device connectivity; 2x USB 3.2 Type-A (5Gbps) front facing ports, 1x USB 3.2 5Gbps Type-C front facing port, 4x USB 2.0 Type-A HID rear facing ports; Features Driverless installation
- FLEXIBLE MULTIMONITOR OUTPUT: Provides video versatility with DisplayPort (DP) 1.4, HDMI 2.0b and VGA display outputs; Choose between single or dual video; For dual video pair DP as the primary output with HDMI or VGA as the secondary output
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE VIDEO: Supports up to 2x 2560x1440 60Hz through DP & HDMI ports or single 4K 60Hz (Intel 11th Gen or higher with DP 1.4 Alt Mode & MST req. for max performance); 1080p VGA; MST utilizes laptop GPU for uncompressed video & low CPU usage
- DEVICE SECURITY: Includes USB-IF Certified 3.3ft (1m) Locking USB-C host cable; Locking USB-C host port; Mounting holes for optional bracket; K-slot and Nano Slot; USB Event Monitoring & Windows Layout utilities
- 85W POWER DELIVERY 3.0: The port replicator includes a fully spec'd power adapter that provides full power to laptop and peripheral devices unlike consumer docks that use SMART power; Front-facing power button to turn docking station on/off