StarTech.com 4-Port USB Hub, USB 3.0 5Gbps, Bus Powered, USB-A to 4xA w/ Optional Auxiliary Power, Portable Laptop USB Hub, 1ft/30cm Cable
This USB Hub adds four USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) ports to a USB-A enabled desktop or laptop computer. The USB Hub connects to a USB-A port on a computer, using the built-in 1ft. (30cm) host cable. The USB hub is backward compatible with USB 2.0 (480Mbps) devices, ensuring support for a wide range of modern and legacy USB peripherals (e.g., thumb drives, external HDDs/SSDs, HD cameras, mice, keyboards, webcams, and audio headsets).The USB hub is compact in size, facilitating portability when travelling.
Bus-Powered with Optional Auxiliary Power
The USB hub can operate with bus power alone, but features a Micro USB power input that can be connected to a USB power adapter (not included), providing up to 4.5W (5V/0.9A) of power in addition to the 4.5W of bus power from the USB host. This flexibility is ideal for applications where additional power may be required, such as connecting a high-powered USB device, like an external SSD, while using the other ports to connect lower powered devices. The downstream ports are each capable of providing up to 4.5W of power to the connected peripherals. For added protection to this USB hub and the connected host device, the USB hub features Overcurrent Protection (OCP). OCP prevents faulty USB peripherals from drawing more power than is safely allocated.
Plug and Play
This device is OS independent, supporting all operating systems, including Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, and Android. The Hub is automatically detected, configured, and installed upon connection to a host computer, such as Apple MacBook, Lenovo X1 Carbon, and Dell XPS. The extra long built-in 1ft. (30 cm) USB-A host cable enables quick and convenient setup and reduces connector strain on 2-in-1 devices, such as the Surface Pro 7 and laptops on riser stands.
Enhance Productivity and Device Management with the StarTech.com Connectivity Tools Application
Developed to improve performance and security, StarTech.com Connectivity Tools is the only software suite on the market that is compatible with a wide variety of IT connectivity accessories. The applicable software for this product is the USB Event Monitoring Utility. Use this utility to track and log any connected USB devices.
For more information and to download the StarTech.com Connectivity Tools application, please visit: www.StarTech.com/connectivity-tools
This product is backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance.
- APPLICATIONS: Add 4x USB-A ports from a single USB-A port for connecting peripherals such as keyboard/mouse, USB SSDs & thumb drives - Ideal for desktops or laptop computers with limited USB ports - USB Event Monitoring utility available for download
- EXTRA LONG CABLE: Bus-powered USB dongle with compact housing, ideal for travel - Attached extra-long 1ft. (30cm) host cable for easy setup and to reduce connector strain on 2-in-1 devices, such as Surface Pro 7 and laptops on riser stands
- COMPATIBILITY: OS independent - Supports all operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, ChromeOS, Android - Compatible with USB Type-A host devices such as Lenovo X1 Carbon, Dell XPS, Microsoft Surface - Works w/USB 2.0 devices
- AUXILIARY POWER INPUT: The USB hub features a Micro USB power input (cable sold separately) to add 4.5W (5V/0.9A) of power to the hub for applications where additional power may be required, such as connecting high power USB devices like SSD drives
- 4 PORT USB HUB: Bus-powered USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) expansion hub features a USB-A host connector and 4x USB-A ports, Overcurrent Protection (OCP) & Wake on USB - 4.5W of bus power dynamically shared between 4 downstream ports, with max 4.5W per port