StarTech.com 4-Port Self-Powered USB-C Hub with Individual On/Off Switch, Desktop/Laptop USB-C to USB-A Hub, USB Type C Hub w/Power Supply
Four On/Off Port Switches
The four ports on the USB Hub feature a power switch to turn off the computers data/power connection to the attached device when it's not being used. This means you can turn off individual USB ports to reduce power consumption, without having to physically disconnect the device or cable. Also, this feature can ensure privacy by turning off cameras or external data storage devices that contain sensitive data, when they're not in use.
Power and Charge USB Devices
The USB hub is self-powered, with an included 36W power adapter. This enables all four ports on this USB hub to support BC 1.2, providing 1.5A (7.5W) of power simultaneously (30W total), making it ideal to charge battery powered USB devices like Smartphones, and Tablets, while also providing a data connection. The USB hub will provide power with or without a host computer connected, with support for both CDP (Charging Downstream Port) & DCP (Dedicated Charging Port) applications.
Add Four USB Ports, to Connect USB Devices
The 4-port USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) Hub expands a computer's USB connectivity, adding four USB-A ports from a single USB-A or USB-C port. The USB hub is backward compatible with older USB 2.0 (480Mbps) devices, ensuring support for a wide range of modern and legacy USB devices such as external storage devices (thumb drives, HDDs/SSDs), HD Cameras, mice, keyboards, webcams, and USB headsets.
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) is also known as USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps), and USB 3.0 (5Gbps).
Hassle-Free, Plug-and-Play Installation
The 4-Port USB Hub is OS independent supporting all operating systems including Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iPad OS and Android, and installs automatically when connected to a computer. To ensure wide compatibility with USB host devices, individual 3.3 ft. (1 m) USB-A, and USB-C host cables are included.
This product is backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance.
- 4-PORT USB 5Gbps HUB: Expand the connectivity of your USB Type-C or USB Type-A laptop or desktop by adding 4x USB-A ports with individual port switches; USB 3.2/3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps); Self powered hub with 36W power adapter/supply included
- INDIVIDUAL PORT SWITCHES: Each USB-A port has its own on/off switch (w/LED) that toggles power/data to the USB device connected to the port; Save energy & ensure privacy by turning off SSD/thumb drives, web cams, headsets, etc. when not in use
- POWER & CHARGE: Each port supports BC 1.2, providing 1.5A (7.5W) of power simultaneously (30W total); Provides power with or wihtout a host computer connected with support for CDP & DCP; Ideal for charging phones & tablets
- APPLICATIONS: Includes 3.3ft (1m) USB-C & USB-A host cables to support both USB-A & USB-C host computers; Ideal for peripherals such as external storage devices, thumb drives, HD Cameras and USB 2.0 devices like mice, keyboards, webcams, and USB headsets
- COMPATIBILITY: USB expansion hub is OS independent, supporting Windows, macOS, Linux, iPadOS, Chrome OS, Android; Compatible with Thunderbolt 3/4 & USB 3.0/2.0/1.1/1.0 host computers