StarTech.com 1-port PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card - PCIe Serial DB9 Controller Card 16950 UART - Low Profile - Windows/Linux
This RS232 Serial Adapter Card lets you add an RS232 DB9 serial port to your computer through a PCI Express (PCIe) slot. It enables you to interact with serial devices such as card readers, printers, PIN pads, and modems, at speeds of up-to 921.4Kbps.
With broad OS support, including for Windows and Linux, this PCI Express card is easy to integrate into mixed environments. The card comes pre-configured with a low-profile bracket, and includes an optional full-profile bracket, so installation is easy regardless of the case form factor.
Experience Optimal Technology
This PCIe to serial adapter supports the following features:
- Compatible with industry standard 16950 UART
- Supports max baud rate of up-to 921.4Kbps
- Provides 5/12V power output on Pin 9 when external power is connected
- 128-byte depth FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Supports 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 data bits
- Asix AX99100 chipset
- PCI Express 1.1 compliant
PEX1S953LP is backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: IT professionals choice for over 30 years; PCI-e RS232 Serial expansion card is backed for life by StarTech.com, incl. free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual tech support
- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS: For low/standard profile desktop/servers w/ uses in point of sale terminals, PLCs, control/automation in factories, scientific sensors, medical equipment, scanner, oscilloscope
- STANDARD PROFILE & LOW PROFILE BRACKET: PCIe serial card comes w/ a low profile bracket pre-installed & 1x full profile bracket is incl for versatile install; Supports Windows XP and up & Linux
- OPTIONAL CONFIGURABLE POWER: PCI Express RS232 serial adapter card provides choice of 12v, 5v, or none through pin 9 w/up to 2A total
- 1 PORT SERIAL CARD: Serial controller card w/ 16950 UART based on ASIX AX99100, allows 1x DB9 port w/bi-directional RS232 speeds up to 921.6Kbps per port, available 256 byte FIFO buffer & 9th data bit; Upgraded version of our popular card PEX1S952LP