Plugable USB to Ethernet Adapter, USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet
The Plugable USB3-E1000 is an easy way to gain wired gigabit network speeds for faster HD video streaming, gaming, web browsing, network storage and more.
Common uses include adding wired gigabit network support to Laptops, UltraBooks, or notebooks with no Ethernet connection, or replacing or upgrading network adapters in desktop PCs. In addition to being a compatible Switch ethernet adapter. USB network adapters can improve speeds vs. older 10/100 adapters and wireless networks. Also useful for adding network interfaces, and transferring files peer-to-peer over Ethernet. This product is NOT a solution for connecting a USB device like a printer to a network.
Plug the ethernet to USB adapter into any laptop or desktop currently limited to 10/100 Ethernet, and benefit from faster transfers on your Gigabit Ethernet network. USB 3.0 systems support theoretical speeds up to 5Gbps and USB 2.0 supports up to 480Mbps. In practice, most machines will see up to a doubling of network speed by moving from 100Mbps Fast Ethernet to 1000Mbps Gigabit ethernet via USB 2.0, and could see more than twice that gain on USB 3.0. Also works on 10/100 Ethernet networks at their native speeds.
NOT SUPPORTED WITH macOS 10.15 Catalina and newer
Microsoft signed 32/64-bit drivers for Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows RT systems (MS Surface, Asus ASUS VivoTab RT). Linux kernels 3.9 and later includes driver (3.8 and earlier require rebuild of kernel module from source). Not compatible with Android tablets, Tivo Series 2, Wii or other non-PC/Mac platforms. See the Plugable USB2-E100 for an adapter compatible with these.
- FASTER THAN WiFi-With this USB ethernet adapter upgrade to wired Gigabit speeds via USB. This fast USB 3.0 Gigabit solution powered by the ASIX AX88179 chipset provides more performance and stability than most WiFi networks
- EASY INSTALLATION-Automatic driver installation via Windows Update on Windows 11, 10, 8.x, 7, and XP (with existing internet connection). Functionality built into the Linux kernel from 3.9 onward (compile required for 2.6 to 3.8)
- FEATURES-Practical speeds over 700Mbps on USB 3.0 and Gigabit network. IPv4/IPv6 checksum offload engine, crossover detection and auto-correction, TCP large send offload, and IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet. Max 4K jumbo frames
- COMPATIBILITY-Not supported on macOS. Not recommended for Lenovo Yoga 2/3 due to issues with their USB 3.0 controller. Compatible with docked Nintendo Switch, or handheld mode with compliant USB-C to USB 3.0 solution
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY-We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support