Plugable USB C to VGA Adapter, Thunderbolt 3 to VGA Adapter
Mirror or extend your display with VGA at 1920x1200 resolution
The Plugable USB-C to VGA Adapter (USBC-TVGA) is for users who want to add a VGA connected monitor, projector, or TV to their USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 compatible computer.
This compact adapter is under 2 inches in size, making it perfect for travel and taking on the go. Featuring a unique flat cable design, you can forget about messy cables and take advantage of the tight bend radius, which allows the adapter to fit in confined and compact spaces. The adapter enables a VGA output at resolutions up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz from systems which support "DisplayPort Alternate Mode" (Alt Mode) via USB-C.
Plug and Play
Alt Mode adapters allow you to add an additional display output easily and inexpensively on supported systems without needing to install additional software.
DisplayPort Alternate Mode provides a direct pipeline to the host graphics processor (GPU) in your system, the connected display will function with the same uncompromising performance of a natively attached display.
Video and photo editing, gaming, and other resource-intensive tasks are possible assuming that the system's GPU capabilities are sufficient for the application being used.
Connect your VGA equipped monitor, projector, or TV to your laptop and achieve resolutions up to 1920x1200 at 60Hz.
Other popular supported resolutions include 1920x1080, 1600x400, 1024x768 and lower.
Note: This adapter will not work with HDMI or DisplayPort monitors.
Flexible Flat Cable
The adapter is equipped with a flat, printed circuit cable that allows for a small footprint and flexibility. This means the cable itself is more sturdy and less prone to breakage from everyday use like traditional, round, copper cables.
The compact and easy to use flat profile enables the adapter to hug surfaces and take advantage of tight spaces. This flexibility saves space and eliminates clutter so that you don't have to deal with the cable mess.
Compact and Portable
Measuring in at 1.8in x 1in x .5in (4.6cm x 2.3cm x 1.3cm), the small, compact size is great for travel and small desk spaces.
Lighter than a pencil, this adapter makes for a great spare and is easy to take from your desk to the conference room. Throw it in your bag and you'll forget it's there until you need it.
Compatible SystemsPlug and Play installation on any Chromebook / Windows / Mac / Linux host which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) video output functionality.
Adapter has been fully tested for functionality on the 2018+ iPad Pro (mirroring only), MacBook Air / iMac and iMac Pro / MacBook and MacBook Pro / Google Pixelbook / Dell XPS 13 and XPS 15 / Lenovo Thinkpad / HP Spectre x360 / Samsung DeX capable devices / Other systems which support USB-C DP Alt Mode.
Incompatible Systems Most current phones and tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alt Mode video output.
ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alt Mode video at this time.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY-We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
- COMPATIBILITY-Compatible with USB-C Windows, Chromebooks, 2018+ iPad Pro, MacBook, iMac, Dell XPS, Lenovo Thinkpad, HP Spectre x360 systems with Thunderbolt 3 ports, and systems which support USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode
- FLAT CABLE FLEXIBILITY-Small, lightweight Thunderbolt 3 to VGA adapter is perfect for travel and constructed with cutting edge materials including a flat, flexible printed circuit cable, providing durability while accommodating any workspace
- HIGH PERFORMANCE-VGA to USB C Adapter supports resolutions up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz. Other popular supported resolutions include 1920x1080, 1366x768, 1600x900. External display can be configured in extended or mirrored mode
- EXPAND YOUR WORKSPACE-With this USB-C to VGA Adapter add a VGA port to connect an external monitor, projector, or TV to USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 systems that support video output