Plugable USB C Power Meter Tester for Monitoring USB-C Connections
For a multimeter, the Plugable USB-C Amperage and Voltage Tester (USBC-VAMETER) manages to fit a lot of useful features into a sturdy little package. About the size of a USB flash drive, this bidirectional USB tester allows for full USB data passthrough while it monitors USB-C power and charging, measures voltage and amperage, even visualizes the directional flow of electrical current-all in real time.
Connect the VAMETER inline between a USB-C host system like a laptop, tablet, or cell phone and a charger to use it as a USB voltage meter or power consumption meter. An updated OLED screen means a brighter and easier-to-read display in any lighting conditions, and a new orientation button lets you flip the screen with a click.
How it works:
This meter is a transparent interposer-it should not interfere with the USB data (1.1 through 3.1 Gen 2), USB-C Alternate Mode video, or USB-C charging. The meter can be used in-line with USB-C docking stations, chargers, and other USB-C accessories. The meter is able to achieve this without interfering with normal USB-C operation as it only taps into the power (VBUS) and ground connections to measure values and leaves the data lines untouched.
- Connecting between a USB-C host system like a laptop, tablet, or cell phone and a charger to monitor charge information.
- Connecting between a USB-C host and docking station to monitor charge information.
- Connecting between a USB-C host system and a USB-C bus powered accessory like an external hard drive, flash drive, etc to measure power draw of a device.
- Testing for USB-C port spec compliance such as a VBUS hot condition, voltage drop under load, etc
- AT A GLANCE - USB C Tester: Monitor USB-C power and charging. Measure voltage and amperage. Visualize the directional flow of electrical current. Updated OLED display is brighter and easier to read. New orientation button lets you flip the screen 180 degrees
- BIDIRECTIONAL - USB power meter can be connected in either orientation, allowing for the full range of USB Power Delivery voltage from 5 to 20V (4V-22V, 50mA-6.5A operating range)
- BROAD USB SUPPORT - Used as a data and power quality meter, device allows USB data pass through, USB-C Alt Mode video, USB-C charging. Use USB tester inline with USB-C docking stations, chargers, accessories, etc. Not compatible with Thunderbolt 3 devices
- SMALL AND TOUGH - Small enough to go anywhere you need a USB C voltage meter. Even fits most phones and tablets without removing protective case. Strengthened USB-C connections ensure it's sturdy enough to be your go-to USB C power tester
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support