Plugable 2.5G USB C and USB to Ethernet Adapter - 2-in-1 Adapter
Get the Most out of Wired Connection Speeds
The Plugable 2.5Gbps USB to Ethernet Adapter (USBC-E2500) is for users looking to move beyond Gigabit Ethernet speeds. With USBC-E2500, you can leverage existing Cat 5e Ethernet cables and use less-costly switches to more than double the performance of your local network, compared to traditional Gigabit Ethernet. The adapter comes with a Hybrid 2-in1 connection that converts from USB-C to USB-A, so you always have the right connection.
Some common uses include:
- Adding wired 2.5 Gigabit network support to Windows desktops, Ultrabooks, 2-in-1s, tablets, or notebooks-as well as Mac and Linux systems
Replacing or upgrading network adapters for your computer
USB network adapters can improve transfer speeds compared to 10/100/1000 adapters, and most wireless networks
Adding additional network interfaces, and transferring files peer-to-peer over Ethernet
Please note, this adapter is not a solution for connecting USB devices like printers, hard drives, etc to a network. This adapter cannot be used to share Ethernet, WiFi, or mobile data between multiple devices.
- 2 Year Warranty - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
- OS Compatibility - Works with Windows 11, 10, 8.x, and 7, macOS 10.7 and above, and Linux Kernel 3.2 and above. Driver download and install may be required on older OS and Kernel versions. Some core features require driver install on macOS
- Use Existing Cabling - Upgrade your network without updating your cables. 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet signals are designed to work on Cat 5e cabling, just pair your USB Ethernet Adapter with 2.5Gbps-capable switches/routers
- Keep USB Universal - Hybrid 2-in-1 cable converts from USB-C to USB-A so you always have the right connection (USB 3.0 required for full performance)
- Faster Than Gigabit - Double the performance of a traditional Gigabit Ethernet adapter when used with switches or routers capable of 2.5Gbps for faster file transfers, smoother video conferencing, and seamless streaming