D-Link DGS-1008P 8-Port Gigabit Metal Desktop Switch with 4 PoE Ports
The DGS-1008P PoE Gigabit Desktop switch provides a cost-effective way for office users to easily connect and supply power to Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices such as wireless access points (APs), IP cameras, and IP phones. It also provides the opportunity to add additional Ethernet devices like computers, printers, and Network Attached Storage (NAS) onto a network. This compact PoE switch is equipped with Gigabit ports for faster speeds and operates quietly, making it ideal for use in virtually any room or office. In addition, D-Link's Green Ethernet technology saves power when the switch is active and inactive.
Cable diagnostics function
Every time the DGS-1008P is powered up, it runs a micro diagnostics routine to check the integrity of the connected Ethernet cables. If a failure is detected, the switch will flag it by means of its front panel LEDs, making it easy for the user to troubleshoot wiring problems.
- Effectively increases available bandwidth on your network
- Electrical power is transmitted along with data in a single cable?to devices such as Access Points, IP cameras or IP phones
- Expand your network capacity with the help of 8 networking ports and transfer your data quickly and easily
- Power Supply power source for dependable power supply
- Layer 2 switch provides a complete lineup of features including IGMP snooping, port mirroring, and spanning tree
- The desktop installation makes it ideal for deployments outside the wiring closet
- Up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet server connectivity while providing high-performance uplinks
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for high-speed data transfer up to 100 meters