Black Box Micro Mini LMC400A Transceiver-Media Converter
- Ultra compact, weighing only 2.5 ounces.
- SFP port supports 100BASE-FX using 155-Mbps SFP transceivers.
- UTP port supports 10/100/1000BASE-T.
- Supports Jumbo Ethernet frames up to 10,240 bytes.
- LED indicators for power, UTP, and fiber status.
- Bring fiber to the desktop conveniently and cost-effectively.
The Micro Mini Media Converter is ideal for bringing fiber to the desktop and for mobile applications where light weight, compact size, and low power requirements are critical.
Weighing only 2.5 ounces and about the length of a house key, this ultra-compact media converter is portable yet powerful. For extra versatility, it can be USB-powered, making it easy to provide fiber connectivity to locations where AC or DC power is unavailable, for instance, field-deployed fiber-to-the-laptop. For easy portability, this tiny converter conveniently slips into a pocket or laptop carrying case.
The converter is plug-and-play with an RJ-45 port that autonegotiates for speed, duplex mode, and crossover functions for PCs with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T Ethernet. On the fiber side, the converter accepts SFPs for connection to a variety of Fast Ethernet fiber types. Use it with Black Box 155-Mbps SFPs (LFP401-LFP403) or any other standard 155-Mbps SFP.
Because it can be powered through a computer's USB 1.0 or 2.0 port, the Micro Mini Media Converter is ideal for connections to fiber in areas where a spare power outlet may not be available. When plugged into a computer's USB port, the media converter shuts down automatically when you turn off the computer, which saves energy.
- Connect different types of media within a network with this single port
- Supports optical fiber cable for durable performance, minimal signal loss, and fast data transfers to greater distances
- With 10/100/1000Base-TX technology get up to 100Mbps data transfer rate over optical fiber cable
- Can be placed on Desktop surface for standalone installation