APC by Schneider Electric SurgeArrest Home/Office 12-Outlet Surge Suppressor/Protector
Professional-grade Electrical Surge Protection for Computers and Electronics
The APC SurgeArrest Home/Office series provides the premium level of surge protection for computers and other electronic devices in the event of large electrical surges. This line of surge protected power strips includes features such as phone line splitters to protect communication lines, USB outlets, and transformer block spacing allowing you to plug in equipment without blocking outlets. Typical applications for the Surge Arrest Home/Office series of power strips include professional PCs, televisions, gaming consoles, and printers.
- Catastrophic Event Protection - Basic Surge Protector components such as MOVs and Thermal fuses ensure instantaneous reaction to lightning strikes and wiring faults. If the surge components are damaged due to power spike or over voltage, excess power cannot reach your equipment. Unlike APC Surge Protector products, most surge suppressors continue to let power through even after circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to other damaging surges.
- EMI and RFI noise filtering - Reduces line noise that can cause data loss and keyboard errors.
- Fail Safe Mode - Most other surge suppressors continue to let power through even after their circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to future surges. APC's SurgeArrest fail safe, which means that once the circuit of an APC SurgeArrest has been compromised the unit disconnects equipment from the power supply ensuring that no damaging surges reach your equipment.
- Lightning and Surge Protection - When measured via ANSI/IEEE 587 Category ''A" and "B" tests, the suppression performance of the APC Smart-UPS is superior to virtually all separate surge suppressors.
- Noise Filtering - Attenuates EMI/RFI line noise that can cause data errors and keyboard lockups, ensuring better performance of protected equipment.
- Right Angle Plug - Plug angle allows for equipment and furniture to be placed closer to the wall than with a standard power cord. Reduces cord stress too.