Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550-T2
Autonegotiation between 1GbE, 2.5GbE, 5GbE, and 10GbE providesthe necessary backwards compatibility required for a smooth transitionand easy migration to 10GbE.
The X550 is a low-cost option for deploying 10GbE in your data centerbecause it uses CAT6 and CAT6A cabling - standard cabling for manydata centers. Copper cabling's flexible reach from 1 meter to 100 metersalso supports Top of Rack (ToR), Middle of Row (MoR), and End of Row(EoR) network architectures.
This adapter also reduces cost and power through its single-chipsolution. The adapter uses the Intel® Ethernet Controller X550,with integrated MAC and PHY. Integration translates to lowerpower and means no more active heatsink reducing the per-portpower consumption.
Integration also equals lower cost per port. When cabling is accountedfor, cost efficiencies realized from a single 10GBASE-T adapter meansthat this is possibly the lowest-cost media to deploy. When time andbudget allow, 10GBASE-T switches can be added to experience the fullbenefits of 10GbE.
- PCIe 3.0 with up to 8.0GT/s
- Single-chip solution with integrated MAC + PHY
- Flexible I/O virtualization for port partitioning and quality of service (QoS) of up to 64 virtual ports
- Supports NBASE-T technology (2.5 and 5GbE over CAT5e)
- Standard CAT6a cabling with RJ45 connectors
- Low cost, low power, 10GbE performance for the entire data center
- Backward compatible with existing 1000BASE-T networks