StarTech.com 8 Port SATA PCIe Card, PCI Express 6Gbps SATA Expansion Card with 4 Controllers, PCI-e x4 Gen 2 to SATA III Adapter Card
This 8-port SATA III (6Gbps) controller enables you to add eight SATA 6Gbps hard drives (HDDs) or solid State Drives (SSDs) to your computer system or server via an available PCIe x4 card slot. The card supports SATA III and PCI-Express Gen 2 Specifications and four SATA controllers to deliver a high-performance data storage solution.
Quad Controllers to Deliver 8-Port SATA 6Gbps Performance
Featuring four 2-Port SATA 6Gbps controllers and a PCIe-x4 MUX, this SATA card enables the connection of eight high-performance SATA 6Gbps drives with a combined total throughput of up to 20Gbps. The SATA drives are connected via two Mini-SAS ports with two included Mini-SAS to 4x-SATA adapter cables. To ensure a secure connection, each SATA port on the included cables features a locking connector, that will prevent the drive from accidental disconnection when working inside your computer case.
The PCIe MUX that's built into this controller card manages the downstream controllers, which improves motherboard compatibility by ensuring the card will work with motherboards that support bifurcation and motherboards that do not. To further improve motherboard compatibility the card does not have a built-in RAID controller, but fully supports the use of software RAID. Plus, with supports for PCIe Gen 2 and SATA III Specifications this card ensures backward compatibility with previous generations (SATA I/II, PCIe Gen 1) at lower performance.
The controller card is widely supported across all popular operating system platforms including Windows (XP,Vista,7,8,10), macOS (10.6.8 and above) and Linux (2.6.32 and above).
The SATA controller card features plug-and-play installation and can be installed in full-profile and low-profile computer systems with a full-profile bracket preinstalled, and an interchangeable low-profile (half-height) bracket included. The card also supports storage software data management systems such as Storage Spaces (Microsoft) , RAID Assistant (MacOS) and mdraid/mdadm (Linux), for hassle-free setup, partitioning and software RAID array building.
8P6G-PCIE-SATA-CARD is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime 24/5 North American based, multi-lingual support.
- STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: IT professionals choice for over 30 years; This SATA PCIe controller card converter is backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, including free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual tech support
- EASY INSTALL: Expansion card w/ plug-and-play setup in full or low-profile PCI-e slot (full-profile bracket installed, low-profile incl); Supports storage management systems such as Storage Spaces (Microsoft) , RAID Assistant (macOS), mdraid/mdadm (Linux)
- COMPATIBILITY: Supports PCIe Gen 2 & SATA III Specs, and previous generations at lower performance (SATA I/II, PCIe Gen 1); Windows (XP+), macOS (10.6.8+), Linux (2.6.32+); Improved motherboard compatibility with no bifurcation required & no built-in RAID
- QUAD CONTROLLERS: This PCI Express SATA 6 card features a PCIe MUX and four 2-Port SATA host controllers; This architecture allows for eight total SATA (serial ATA) 6Gbps ports through a single x4 PCIe slot, enabling combined total throughput up to 20Gbps
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: Add eight SATA III 6Gbps ports to your desktop computer or server using a PCIe x4 Gen 2 slot to connect SATA drives (HDD/SSD); 8-Port SATA PCIe Card features 2x Mini-SAS connections with Mini-SAS to 4x locking SATA adapter cables incl.