StarTech.com 7-Port USB-C Hub, 5x USB-A + 2x USB-C, Self-Powered w/ 65W Power Supply, USB 3.1 10Gbps Desktop/Laptop USB Hub w/ Charging
Add seven USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) ports (5x USB-A, 2x USB-C) to a USB-C computer using this 7-Port USB-C Hub. The USB Hub is self-powered with an included power adapter. The USB Hub features Overcurrent Protection (OCP). OCP aids in preventing peripherals from overdrawing power, avoiding USB device dropouts, and the computers from shutting down unexpectedly. Support for Wake On USB enables USB communications, from devices connected to the hub, to take the computer out of standby or other power saving/sleep modes.
High Performance USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) Hub
The USB Hub shares 10Gbps from the USB host device, enabling high-speed data transfers for high-performance applications. The USB hub is backward compatible with previous USB versions, including USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gpbs), USB 2.0 (480Mbps), and USB 1.1 (12Mbps). It features five USB-A ports and two USB-C ports. This combination of ports enables support for a wide range of modern and legacy USB devices, such as external storage devices (e.g., thumb drives, HDDs/SSDs), HD Cameras (e.g., webcams), mice, keyboards, and USB headsets.
Power and Charge USB Devices
The USB hub is self-powered, using the 65W power adapter. The hub features two USB BC 1.2 ports (1x USB-A, 1x USB-C), each providing 2.4A (12W) of power simultaneously, making it ideal to charge battery powered USB devices like smartphones, and tablets, while also providing a data connection. These ports will provide power with or without a host computer connected, with support for both CDP (Charging Downstream Port) & DCP (Dedicated Charging Port) applications. The hub features four USB-A, and one USB-C port that each provide the USB 3.2 standard of 0.9A (4.5W) of power. The included power adapter ensures that all ports will always provide specified power regardless of how many devices are connected.
USB-IF Certified Host Cable
A high-quality USB-IF certified USB-C host cable is included. The cable features a screw-locking, connector to ensure a secure and reliable connection to the USB hub. The Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) cable jacket is softer and more flexible than PVC jacketed cables.
The 7-Port USB Hub is OS independent supporting all operating systems, including Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, iPadOS and Android. Installation is automatic upon connection to a host computer.
Mount the USB Hub to a wall, desk, or VESA mount, using StarTech.com hub mounts: SSPMSVESA or SSPMSUDWM.
Enhance Productivity and Device Management with the StarTech.com Connectivity Tools Application
Developed to improve performance and security, StarTech.com Connectivity Tools is the only software suite on the market that is compatible with a wide variety of IT connectivity accessories. The applicable software for this product is the USB Event Monitoring Utility. Use this utility to track and log any connected USB devices.
For more information and to download the StarTech.com Connectivity Tools application, please visit: www.StarTech.com/connectivity-tools
This product is backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance.
- 7-PORT USB-C HUB: USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) expansion hub features a USB-C host connector with 7x downstream USB ports (5x USB-A, 2x USB-C); Self-powered with included power supply
- 65W POWER ADAPTER INCLUDED: Power Adapter ensures each port provides specified power; 2x USB BC 1.2 ports (1x USB-C, 1x USB-A) each provide 12W for charging devices w/Charging Data Port & Dedicated Charging Port modes; Other ports provide 4.5W
- USB-IF CERTIFIED HOST CABLE: Premium 3ft (1m) USB-C host cable included; USB-IF certified; Flexible and durable TPE jacket; USB-IF certified cable and screw-locking USB-C port ensures a reliable and secure connection to the USB hub
- IT PRO PERFORMANCE: Overcurrent Protection (OCP) prevents peripherals from overdrawing power to reduce device dropouts/shutdown; Wake On USB wakes desktop/laptop from sleep state; Mount to desk/wall/VESA mount w/SSPMSUDWM & SSPMSVESA (sold separately)
- OUR ADVANTAGE: Includes IT Pro Connectivity Tools software to improve USB security on Windows systems - Featuring USB Event logging functionality with timestamps to allow admins to identify potentially malicious devices; Works w/ USB-C and Thunderbolt 3/4