Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand
Explore the World at the Microscopic Level With Plugable's Digital USB Microscope!
Great for kids, hobbyists, and professionals, the Plugable 250x USB 2.0 Digital Microscope (USB2-MICRO-250X) allows you to work quickly and effectively at the microscopic level. Common uses include classroom exploration, stamp or coin analysis, micro-soldering, garden parasite identification, and much more.
This adaptable tool can be used either with the included stand for lower magnifications, handheld for quick point-and-click inspection, or placed directly on subjects for the highest magnifications. The rugged plastic body makes it ideal for children, classrooms, or industrial applications.
Features | Built-In Lighting
The Microscope includes built-in LEDs that can be dialed through a range of brightness levels to properly illuminate your subject. Unlike many other USB microscopes, these LEDs shine through a diffuser to combat glare.
This is especially useful when viewing reflective objects like coins. Instead of harsh glare, the diffuser gives even light distribution across the object being viewed.
Capacitive Capture Button
We used a capacitive touch button to initiate image capture rather than a physical push button. When observing small objects at microscopic levels, a small bump can offset an image to an imperceptible state. With a capacitive button, the lightest touch snaps a blur-free image.
Image capture can also be initiated from within the downloadable companion software, along with video or configurable time-lapse capture.
Easily analyze the surface of objects large and small at any angle by positioning the flexible gooseneck precisely where you want it. With a suction cup mount and a graduated observation stage, you can attach the microscope to any smooth surface and use the various graduation marks to measure specimens.
If the stand doesn't quite meet your needs, no problem! All fittings have 1/4"-20 TPI threads, which almost all camera mounts use. Create your own stand for your specific purpose.
- HOBBY FOCUSED-Useful and fun for students, collectors, testers, and anyone interested in exploring the microscopic world. Cannot be used as a document camera.
- HIGH DEFINITION-2.0 Megapixels, up to 250x magnification (Note: Final magnification corresponds to monitor size)
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY-Electronic microscope uses a webcam chipset and sensor to support nearly any operating system using standard webcam software. Users with an Oculus Rift may require additional setup
- INTEGRATED LIGHTING-LED halo light with brightness adjustment control. Flexible arm stand with observation pad includes graduated marks for easy measurement or use as a handheld microscope
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY-We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support