StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Chassis, Enclosure Box W/Dual PCI-E Slots, External PCIe Slots, 8K/4K Output Via TB3/DP 1.4 Ports
Add two PCI-Express 3.0 x16 capable cards and increase the potential of a Thunderbolt 3 or 4 capable laptop, desktop, or all-in-one system. This Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Chassis lets you take advantage of the vast range of PCIe expansion cards with computers that lack PCIe slots. The chassis lets you connect an external monitor via the DisplayPort (DP) or Thunderbolt 3 ports, supporting Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K or 8K resolutions.
Enhanced Computer Capabilities
Connect the expansion box to a Thunderbolt 3 or 4 computer with the included 3.3ft (1m) Thunderbolt-certified cable. The chassis features dual PCIe 3.0 x16 slots with 32Gbps of bandwidth that is shared dynamically between both slots (each slot supports up to 2700MBps/21.6Gbps). Add extra functionality to a host device using video capture cards, high-speed fiber or Ethernet networking, NVMe drives, FireWire, sound cards, or any other PCIe-compatible card.
Flexible Card Support
The expansions chassis supports single-slot cards to a maximum length of 8in (20.3cm), allowing current or legacy PCIe cards to be installed. The built-in fan ensures active cooling for your hardware, preventing overheating during heavy usage.
The TAA-Compliant chassis delivers up to 25W per slot, ensuring optimal performance for your connected devices. In addition, the two internal 12V 15W SATA power ports ensure the installed cards have enough power (up to 40W per card) at their disposal.
8K & 4K Monitor Support
Connect a second high-resolution monitor using the DP 1.4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports at the back of the chassis. Enjoy video resolutions of up to single 8K or 5K 60Hz or dual 4K 60Hz (other video resolutions are also supported).
The enclosure is driverless, enabling rapid deployment and is supported in macOS, Windows, and Linux.
The chassis can be placed horizontally or vertically, adapting to your workspace. The toolless design and aluminum construction ensure fast card installation and longevity.
Note: Some expansion cards installed in the chassis may require drivers to be installed.
- THUNDERBOLT 3 PCIE EXPANSION CHASSIS: Add PCI Express support to a Thunderbolt 3/4 capable laptop/desktop computer; Dual external PCIe 3.0 x16 slots; 32Gbps of combined bandwidth (up to 21.6Gbps/2700Mbps per slot); 3.3ft (1m) Thunderbolt cable included
- EXPANDABILITY FOR LAPTOPS: Integrate video capture cards, high-speed fiber/Ethernet connectivity, NVMe drives, FireWire cards, and more to unlock the potential of a notebook using this Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe chassis; Toolless design; Aluminum construction
- 8K & 4K DISPLAY SUPPORT: Connect a display through the external PCIe enclosure; The DP 1.4 port and TB3 ports support video outputs up to 8K/5K 60Hz or dual 4K 60Hz (other video resolutions are also supported); PCIe box does not support GPU graphic cards
- ROBUST POWER: The chassis delivers 25W per PCIe slot and features dual internal 12V 15W SATA power ports for up to 40W per card; 12V 10A (120W) universal power adapter is included and is compatible with NA/JP, UK, EU, and ANZ regions
- COMPATIBILITY: Use single-width cards up to 8in (20.3cm) long; Built-in fan for active cooling; Daisy chain compatible with multiple TB3/4 devices; The chassis is driverless and is compatible with macOS, Windows, and Linux; TAA-compliant