WD Ultrastar Data60 DAS Storage System
Designed for High Density and Flexibility
The Ultrastar Data60 storage platform is a key element of next-generation disaggregated storage and Software-Defined Storage (SDS) systems. The Ultrastar Data60 provides up to 1.3PB1 of raw storage using our 22TB CMR HDDs in a compact and efficient form factor. The Ultrastar Data60 addresses the demanding storage needs of large enterprise customers, storage OEMs, cloud service providers, as well as resellers/integrators requiring dense, shared HDD.
IsoVibe™ Vibration Isolation Technology
Precise cuts in the baseboard provide a suspension for the drives in the chassis, isolating them from transmitted vibration. The result is that consistent performance is maintained, even when all the drives are working hard.
ArcticFlow™ Thermal Zone Cooling Technology
By introducing cool air into the center of the chassis, drives operate at lower and more consistent temperatures than conventional systems. This results in lower fan speeds, reduced vibration, lower power consumption, quieter operation and ultimately higher reliability.
Western Digital Resource Manager
A GUI-based tool that enables real-time monitoring and management of the platform and provides a consolidated dashboard displaying the most critical information. Other views allow platform configuration, health monitoring, and maintenance.
- Up to 60 Ultrastar HDDs (SAS or SATA)
- Up to 1.3PB raw capacity in 4U using 22TB CMR HDDs
- Dual-port SAS for high availability or single-port SATA for low cost
- Enterprise-grade redundant and hot-swappable PSUs, I/O modules, and fans
- 5-year limited warranty
Applications and Workloads
- SDS Environments
- Big Data
- Private Cloud
- Data Analytics
- Cloud Infrastructure
- DAS Storage System offers maximum storage productivity with added dependability
- Holds 60 HDDs for up to 1331.20 tb of storage
- Holds up to 60 HDDs to let you expand limitlessly
- No Ethernet technology for a reliable, convenient way of communication and connectivity