Veritas NetBackup 5340 SAN-NAS Storage System
Veritas NetBackup™ 5340 delivers high performance, scalable capacity, high availability and resiliency to address the most aggressive backup and recovery objectives in the data center while protecting both virtual and physical environments. Built on industry leading NetBackup software, the NetBackup 5340 Appliance is an integrated media server with storage and offers both client and target deduplication to reduce network bandwidth and storage capacity requirements. As an integrated backup appliance, it addresses the OpEx and CapEx challenges organizations face today while preparing to modernizefor the future. The NetBackup 5340 is offered in a High Availability (HA) configuration. The HA configuration increases system reliability, provides higher backup and recovery throughput as well as higher operational availability at significantly lower operational costs.
NETBACKUP 5340 HIGHLIGHTS
- Ideal for enterprise environments-Starting at 120 TB andexpandable to 1.92PB usable capacity, NetBackup 5340 is designed for large enterprises and data centers requiring performance, capacity, and resiliency.
- Eliminate point products-Reduce 3rd party point products such as target dedupe appliances, tape, or virtual tape libraries (VTL).
- Reduce capital and operating expenditures- Consolidate existing media servers and target dedupe appliances into an allin- one appliance; reduce floor space, power and cooling costs.
- Simple NetBackup Software Licensing-Pay once for NetBackup software and freely replicate, change retention policies, and refresh hardware without penalties.
- Easily expand or refresh existing NetBackup environments without disrupting operations-Deploy NetBackup 5340 media server and storage within your NetBackup domain.
- Improve resource utilization-Decrease backup storage up to 50 times and bandwidth consumption up to 99 percent.
- Flexible deduplication options-Deduplication at source or target; inline or post-process.
- Reduce downtime with Veritas™ AutoSupport-Monitors key hardware components and notifies the administrator of fault events.
- SAN/NAS Storage System offers maximum storage efficiency and convenience
- Experience unmatched performance, built-in security and remote management capabilities with Intel Xeon 2 ghz processor
- RAID technology - data reliability, fault tolerance and improved overall performance
- Rack-mountable san/nas storage system allows maximum space utilization with easy and convenient access to the keyboard
- Optimize business network's performance with 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- It's linux operating system offers powerful platform to efficiently run routine applications