Tripp Lite Fiber TAP Cassette - Multimode, 4x Duplex LC, 70/30 Split

Tripp Lite Fiber TAP Cassette - Multimode, 4x Duplex LC, 70/30 Split

  • $ 871.99

We currently have 10 in stock.
Product Description

Installs in Tripp Lite N482-Series chassis to split optical fiber signals into two outputs, one for user and one for monitoring.

Features | Fiber Optic TAP Cassette Helps You Monitor and Analyze Network Data

This Tripp Lite N482TAP-4MM73LC multimode TAP (traffic access point) cassette is a passive device added to a fiber optic network to enable real-time monitoring. Its optical splitter divides the optical signal into two outputs, one for the downstream device and one for monitoring, without introducing latency or creating a single point of failure.

Creates a 70/30 Split Ratio for User Traffic and Signal Monitoring

Network monitoring is used to gather data to analyze performance issues, optimize network traffic and uncover security threats in your data center, telecom carrier network or R&D facility. This TAP cassette directs 30 percent of the light to a nearby monitoring device. The remaining 70 percent is transmitted as usual throughout the network without affecting performance.

Compatible with Tripp Lite Multimode Cabling

This passive TAP cassette supports 40/100 Gb internally using multimode fiber optic cable, enabling you to perform monitoring and data analysis without causing delays or affecting network performance. It is compatible with recommended Tripp Lite cables, including the N820-Series, for connecting to switches, routers and monitoring equipment.

Easy to Install with Compatible Enclosures

The multimode N482TAP-4MM73LC works with Tripp Lite's N482-00U (fits one cassette), N482-01U (fits five cassettes), N482-02U (14 cassettes) and N482-04U (28 cassettes) chassis. The futureproof-friendly modular design allows you to remove the cassette without replacing the panel or removing other cassettes. The TAP cassette also complies with IEEE 802.3ae (10 Gb) and ANSI T11.2 (Fibre Channel) requirements. A 0.20 dB maximum insertion loss falls under IEEE 802.3ae maximum channel loss spec of <25 dB.

Factory-Terminated Ports Help Reduce Installation Time

The OM4-rated cassette has 12 Duplex LC ports that allow fast, easy connection of cables. The durable plastic cassette comes with dust caps to protect unused ports.

  • Passive OM4 multimode fiber TAP with 40/100 Gb LC to LC ports
  • 70/30 split ratio allows real-time traffic analysis while preserving primary link performance
  • Fiber TAP cassette is optimized for parallel optics and Base-8 connectivity
  • Compatible with Tripp Lite N482-00U, N482-01U, N482-02U and N482-04U panels

Have a Question before ordering?

We will gladly answer within 24 hours!

Ask a Question