Tripp Lite 8-Port IP Cat5 KVM Switch Compact 1+1 User Rackmount -> May Require up to 5 Business Days to Ship
Tripp Lite's B072-008-1-IP KVM Switch is the optimal solution for controlling up to 8 computers/servers locally, from across the room, down the street or around the globe on a network or the Internet. This KVM switch can be accessed and controlled remotely, so there's no need to travel to the server room or network closet. A Java-based application allows access via web browser from any secure IP connection; a non-browser client that can bypass browser-related Java Security prompts is available.The B072-008-1-IP uses inexpensive, user-supplied Cat5e/6/6a cabling with Server Interface Units (sold separately) so you can connect computers/servers located up to 100 ft. away from the switch. This switch features dual Ethernet ports; if one fails, the other takes over, keeping remote access uninterrupted. Users can switch easily between the 8 ports using an on-screen display (OSD), hotkey commands or a remote toolbar. Multi-level password protection prohibits unauthorized users from accessing connected computers, and a local user and a remote user can each log on and access different ports simultaneously. Two serial ports allow control of serial-manageable devices such as IP PDUs, firewalls and routers; individual ports can be assigned to an IP PDU port to power on/off the server connected to that port. This KVM switch is compatible with both Windows and Linux operating systems and it supports VGA video resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz. Heavy-duty steel housing stands up to frequent use.Virtual Media allows an.iso file to be mounted to a target server and accessed as if it were stored directly on it. Virtual Media data transfer rates up to 12Mbps are supported when using a B078-101-USB2 Server Interface Unit. Other features include RADIUS and LDAP/S authentication, system-sent SNMP messaging and an event log that tracks logins, reboots and network setting changes. Free NetCommander-AXS Management Software is available to access and control all of your Tripp Lite NetCommander IP KVM switches (B070 and B072 series). From a single interface, you can access server ports on any of your KVM switches, power cycle or power on/off outlets of IP PDUs, and manage KVM settings. This software can be downloaded free of charge from the model support page for the B072-008-1-IP.
- Simultaneous support for 2 users (1 local, 1 remote)
- Java-based application allows for control of a target server via web browser from any location over a secure IP connection
- Non-Browser client available via the Support section, which can by-pass browser related Java Security prompts upon login
- Free Management Software available to Access and Control all of your Tripp Lite NetCommander IP KVM's (B070 and B072 IP series) from a single interface
- Remote authentication support - RADIUS and LDAP/S
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6
- PDU Control - Add IP PDU's as devices that can be controlled by the KVM. Assign individual ports on the KVM to a PDU port to Power Cycle or Power Off/On the computer/server connected to that port.
- Dual Serial Ports - Connect serial manageable devices such as PDU's, firewalls, and routers.
- Dual Ethernet provides redundancy in the event of a crash.
- Fast Virtual Media KVM System patented under Pat. No. US 9,417,720