Transition Networks USB 3.0 to Ethernet 100-1000Base-X Open SFP Slot
Use the Scorpion-USB™ 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Adapter to create an EMI-secure data connection between a USB port on a PC, laptop or tablet and a 1000Mbps Ethernet fiber port on a switch. This unique USB to fiber adapter is ideal for use in applications where wireless transmission is not the preferred technology due to security concerns or where copper lacks the bandwidth, distance or security for sharing data-intensive files. The Scorpion-USB Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Adapter allows a computing device which does not have a fiber port to connect to a fiber-based Ethernet network through its USB interface quickly, reliably and securely.
Designed specifically for laptop, notebook, and tablet PCs running today's most popular operating systems and deployed in fiber-rich networking environments, the Scorpion-USB Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Adapter allows a secure connection to a fiber based Gigabit Ethernet network through a USB 3.0 port. Just plug the adapter into the USB port, install the driver, and the connection is ready.
- WHQL-certified drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10; Linux and MacIntosh 10.6 to 10.11 drivers also available
- Plastic ABS enclosure with a 9" pigtail to USB type-A connector
- Supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging
- LEDs to indicate USB Speed / Activity and fiber Link / Activity
- SFP version supports dual speed 100/1000Mbps SFP Modules
- Multimode SC, LC, or industry standard SFP fiber port
- Bus powered device, no external power supply needed
- Gigabit Ethernet fiber connection through USB 3.0 interface accommodates high bandwidth services faster, further and more securely than copper or wireless transmission