Transition Networks SGPAT1040-105 Transceiver/Media Converter
The SGPAT10xx-105 is a 10/100/1000Base-T to 1000Base-SX/LX Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, which easily and affordably facilitates the connection between different types of network cabling, while also injecting PoE+ power through the copper RJ-45 port.
Being a Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) device, the SGPAT media converter combines data received over a fiber optic link with 56VDC input power to provide power and data to a Powered Device (PD) over twisted pair cabling while complying with the IEEE 802.3at PoE+ standard, which is also backwards compatible with the IEEE 802.3af PoE standard.
The converter is available in 2-port, 3-port, and 4-port versions and includes PD signature sensing and power monitoring features. Other features include over-current protection, under-current protection, and fault protection input. Active Link Pass Through (ALPT) is supported, which is an automatically activated version of Link Pass Through (LPT) that allows the converter to detect the loss of Receive (Rx) signals on either fiber or copper port and propagate the failure to the end devices, preventing the media converter from isolating those link failures. During a Link Pass Through event, the Auto Power Reset feature will re-set the power to the end PD device, ensuring it is ready to go when the LPT event is corrected.
- Wall mount, DIN Rail, or table top installation
- External AC/DC power supply included with country specific power cord
- 2-port 10/100/1000 copper to fiber media conversion with IEEE 802.3at PoE+ on the copper port
- Supports full 30 Watts of power to each twisted pair port
- Various fiber versions available supporting fixed SC, fixed LC, and open SFP slots
- 3-port version offers (1) RJ-45 PoE+ port and (2) open SFP slots, device can be configured as a 3-port switch or as a 2-port media converter with redundant fiber links
- 4-port version offers (2) RJ-45 PoE+ ports and (2) open SFP slots, device can be configured as a 4-port switch (with or without redundant fiber) or as two independent PoE+ media converters
- SFP slots can support 100Base-FX, 1000Base-X, or SGMII based (MSA compliant) SFP modules
- Supports Auto-Negotiation, Auto MDI/MDI-X, Active Link Pass Through (ALPT), and Remote Fault Detection
- Jumbo frame support