Transition Networks ION Gigabit Ethernet Media and Rate Converter Module
The ION C3210 device provides an interface between 10/100/1000Base-T ports and 1000Base-SX/LX ports allowing users to integrate fiber optic cabling into 10/100/1000Base-T copper environments.
Operating at Layer 2, this converter not only converts copper to fiber, it also does Rate conversion, converting 10/100/1000Base-T copper to 1000Base fiber.
Applications include: integrate fiber into copper based networking environments and bridging legacy 10/100 devices into a Gigabit Backbone.
- Copper and Fiber Auto-Negotiation
- Switch Selectable Speeds
- Link Pass Through
- Remote Fault Detect
- Automatic Link Restoration
- IEEE 802.1P QoS, IPv4 TOS/DiffServ, IPv6 traffic class
- IEEE 802.1q Port VLAN, tagging and doubling tagging (Q in Q)
- Field Upgradeable Firmware