StarTech.com USB Extender
Extend a USB 2.0 connection up to 492 ft (150 m) with this USB Extender Kit. Connect the transmitter to the receiver, using existing Ethernet cabling that is Cat5e or better (e.g., Cat 6, 6a, etc.). No software or configuration is required. Conveniently control remote USB devices in warehouses, classrooms, board rooms, and other long-range application environments.
Overcome Distance Limitations
This USB Extender Kit enables you to exceed the limitations posed by traditional USB cable lengths, to establish long-range USB connections. Use this kit for a wide variety of applications such as remote surveillance and monitoring with a webcam (up to 1080p resolution), controlling machines at a distance, remote printing, connecting retail barcode scanners, and many other applications. In addition, the remote unit is connected to a power source, using the included power adapter, for applications requiring USB bus power.
The local and remote units feature a metal exterior for extra protection and longevity in harsher environments. With dimensions of only 1.3 x 1.0 x 2.65 in (32.2 x 25.4 x 67.3 mm), both units are very compact, allowing for installations in tight spaces.
Ease of Use
The USB over Ethernet Extender Kit is compatible with any operating system and does not require any additional software to work. Set up the units by connecting them on a point-to-point connection, using your existing Ethernet cabling (Cat5e or better). This kit is not compatible with network switches and routers. The Extender is compatible with USB 2.0, USB 1.1, and USB 1.0 peripherals.
The C15012-USB-EXTENDER is TAA compliant and backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance.
- ULTRA LONG RANGE USB EXTENDER: Extend a USB 2.0 connection up to 492 ft (150 m) over an Ethernet cable (CAT5e, CAT6, or higher) with data transfer rates up to 480Mbps; Power, Link & Activity status LEDs; For Webcams and USB peripherals
- POWERED USB EXTENDER KIT: The USB extender over Cat5/Cat6 cable (RJ45) includes a power adapter for the Receiver while the Transmitter is bus-powered. The Receiver's USB port provides 5V 500mA
- DURABLE & COMPACT: Durable metal construction for high wear and tear environments; Transmitter & Receiver each feature the same small form factor 1.3 x 1x 2.65 in (32 x 25 x 67.3 mm); Rubber feet help prevent sliding; 2 ft (61 cm) USB host cable included
- PLUG-AND-PLAY: The extender features driverless installation and is compatible w/ major operating systems incl. Windows, macOS, Linux; Compatible with USB 2.0/1.1/1.0; Point-to-Point, Does not work through network/LAN equipment (router, switch, etc.)
- THE IT PRO'S CHOICE: Designed and built for IT Professionals, this TAA USB 2.0 extender kit is backed for 2-years, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance