StarTech.com USB C to Fiber Optic Converter - Open SFP - USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter - 1000BASE-SX-LX - Windows - Mac - Linux
This USB-C‚Ñ¢ to fiber-optic converter lets you utilize the USB 3.0 (Type-C‚Ñ¢) port on your laptop or tablet to provide a secure fiber network connection. Windows¬Æ and Mac compatible, the network adapter provides a Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) optical network connection for portable laptops or tablets, or systems without expansion slots.A flexible solution with an open SFP slot
The open SFP slot enables you to use your preferred SFP transceiver module to meet your networking needs - use an SFP with your desired wavelength, distance, connection type to achieve an efficient network solution. (SFP sold separately.)Secure fiber-to-the-desk connectivity
This USB to fiber-optic converter provides reliable fiber connectivity, while protecting your network from problems with electronic interference - a common issue with RJ45 networks. Fiber-to-the-desk connectivity (FTTD) maximizes network security, reducing the risk of data leaks for sensitive information, without compromising network speed and reliability.Easy portability
Compact and portable, this USB-C to fiber-optic converter is powered directly from the USB port.Plug and play
Get up and running quickly. The USB to fiber-optic converter supports certified drivers for Windows, Mac and Linux¬Æ. Once the adapter is plugged into a USB-C port, you simply install the drivers and the adapter is ready to transmit over a fiber network.
The US1GC30SFP is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Provides a fiber network connection to portable laptops or tablets
- Fiber-to-the-desk connectivity (FTTD) enhances security, reducing the risk of data leaks
- Add a Gigabit Ethernet (1000Mbps) connection through a USB 3.0 Type-C interface
- Highly portable design, with no need for an external power adapter (bus powered)
- Open SFP slot, compatible with MSA compliant SFP modules
- Certified drivers for Windows, macOS and Linux
- Ethernet Technology:Gigabit Ethernet
- Expansion Slot Type:SFP
- Media Type Supported:Optical Fiber
- Network Technology:1000Base-SX/LX
- Network Hardware
- Number of Total Expansion Slots:1
- Power Source:USB
- Transceivers/Media Converters
Have a Question before ordering?
We will gladly answer within 24 hours!