StarTech.com USB-C Multiport Adapter w/USB-C DP Alt Mode Video/4K HDMI/VGA, USB-C Dual Monitor Docking Station, Type C Mini Dock/MST Hub
Versatile, High-Performance Video via MST
The compact USB Type-C Docking Station features three video output options to turn your laptop into a single or multi-monitor workstation.
HDMI Port Provides HDR video with resolutions up to 4K 60Hz.
VGA Port Provides analog video with resolutions up to 1080p 60Hz.
USB-C Port Provides the industry's first downstream full featured video or data (10Gbps) USB-C port that supports DP Alt Mode video or peripheral connection, on a non-Thunderbolt adapter.
The advanced video versatility of this Multiport Adapter, makes it suitable for a wide variety of applications:
- Connect a portable USB-C monitor as an extended display, to obtain a high resolution external monitor during on-the-go travel between an office desk, home office, hot desk, or the boardroom.
- Connect a USB-C peripheral to the downstream 10Gbps USB-C port, while using the HDMI and/or VGA ports to connect external monitor(s) as extended display(s).
- Connect multiple external monitors as extended displays, using any combination of the two video ports, to create a high-productivity workstation. USB-C video adapters (sold separately) can be used to connect HDMI, DVI, VGA, or DisplayPort monitors to the USB-C video port.
This Docking Station utilizes MST to obtain video versatility. Video performance is based upon the number of attached monitors and the host computer's video controller. Consult the manufacturer of the host computer to determine MST video performance. StarTech.com performs rigorous performance benchmarks with all major host computer video controllers. The video performance results of our testing are listed below:HDMI Port - Single Monitor USB-C DP Alt Mode Port - Single Monitor VGA Port - Single Monitor Maximum Resolution Dual Display (MST)
DisplayPort 1.2 Alt Mode Intel Ice Lake 11th Gen and Previous Generation Processors4K 30Hz 4K 30Hz 1080p 1080p + 1080p
DisplayPort 1.4 Alt Mode Intel Tiger Lake, Alder Lake, and Later Generation Processors4K 30Hz 4K 30Hz 1080p 4K 30Hz + 1080p
DisplayPort 1.4 Alt Mode Discrete GPU
- 7-IN-1 MULTIPORT ADAPTER: Single or Multi Monitor DP 1.4 Alt Mode, HDMI 2.0b, VGA, USB-C port with DP Alt Mode for video or 10Gbps Data, plus 2 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps hub, 100W USB PD Pass-Through (88W laptop charging), Gigabit Ethernet
- USB-C DOWNSTREAM PORT WITH VIDEO OUTPUT: Industry's first non-Thunderbolt adapter features a 10Gbps USB-C port w/ DP Alt Mode; Connect a portable USB-C monitor or desktop monitor w/USB-C Display Adapter as an extended display, or USB-C peripheral
- FLEXIBLE VIDEO: 1x 4K 60Hz HDMI or USB-C DP Alt Mode video, or 2x 4K 30Hz HDMI + USB-C (discrete DP 1.4 GPU) - 1x 4K 30Hz HDMI or USB-C, or 4K 30Hz + 1080p 60Hz in dual monitor (integrated DP 1.4 GPU) - 1x 4K 30Hz HDMI or USB-C, or 2x 1080p (DP 1.2 GPU)
- EXTRA LONG CABLE: 10" (25cm) cable for extended reach reducing port/connector strain on 2-in-1 devices like Surface Pro 7/8, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2 or laptops on riser stands; Hideaway cable design stores attached cable during travel
- COMPATIBILITY: Mini dock compatible w/USB-C laptops/Ultrabooks/Chromebooks/Surface/Thunderbolt 3/4/USB4 laptops from HP/Dell/Lenovo; Windows/Android/Linux/ChromeOS - For optimal video performance use with Intel 11th & 12th gen+ laptop CPUs
- CONNECTIVITY TOOLS: Provided with the mobile all-in-one USB Type C docking station adapter this application improves performance and security; Featuring MAC Address Changer, USB Event Monitoring, Windows Layout, and Wi-Fi Auto Switch utilities
- NOTE: Not all USB-C ports support the full functionality of the USB Type-C standard. Ensure that your host USB-C port supports USB Power Delivery and DP alt mode. For a multi-monitor configuration, the computer must support MST.