StarTech.com Bi-Directional SATA IDE Adapter Converter
The PATA2SATA3 is a bi-directional SATA IDE adapter/converter that lets you connect a Serial ATA drive to a legacy IDE port, or an IDE drive to a SATA motherboard port.
A cost-effective solution for upgrading existing IDE systems to support SATA hard drives or optical drives, the SATA/IDE adapter eliminates the expense of having to purchase a controller card while saving the expansion slot that would be required for card installation.
In addition to SATA hard drive installation, the adapter can be reversed in order to connect older IDE drives to a newer SATA-enabled motherboard, making it easy to retrieve old files from a previous system.
- No driver or software required
- Compatible with Master/Slave/Cable Select modes for IDE devices
- Fully compliant with Serial ATA 1.0a specifications, with transfer rates up to 1.5 Gbps
- Supports SATA/IDE ATAPI devices, such as CD/DVD optical drives
- Compatible with SATA revision 1/2/3 (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) devices
- Compatible with PATA (IDE) 100/133 MBps hard devices
- Bi-Directional support for IDE-to-SATA or SATA-to-IDE communication