StarTech.com 8-Port PCI Express Serial Card - Low Profile - 16550 UART - PCIe RS-232 Serial Card (PEX8S1050LP)
Add eight RS-232 DB9 serial ports to your desktop computer, through two PCIe expansion card slots. This PCI express serial card, with two breakout cables, provides you with multiple ports to connect a wide variety of serial peripherals, at speeds of up to 921.4Kbps.
Connect your Peripherals with 8 Serial Ports
The PCI express serial port card makes it easy to add serial ports to connect your peripherals including printers, scanners, credit/debit card readers, PIN pads and modems, industrial controls and more. The 8 port PCIe serial card includes 2 breakout cables - each with 4 DB9 connectors.
The low profile PCIe serial card is the ideal choice for adding serial ports, even when space is at a premium. The DB9 serial card is designed to fit into small form factor and standard computer cases. The card comes pre-configured with a low-profile bracket, and includes two optional full-profile brackets, so installation is easy regardless of the case form factor.
With broad OS support, including for Windows and Linux, this PCI Express card is easy to integrate into mixed environments.
PEX8S1050LP is backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Manufacturing (CNC machinery, process control equipment, bar code scanners, serial printers)
- POS (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, cash registers, scales)
- Consumer (modems, PDAs, digital cameras, printers)
- Security (UPS control, access key panels, video cameras, card readers, modems)
- Casino (video lottery terminals, slot machines)
- Environmental Control (lighting, temperature, clocks)
- Healthcare (patient monitoring equipment, nurses' stations, modems)
- Hotel Front Desk (serial printers, bar code scanners, keyboard, mouse, receipt printer, credit/debit card reader)
- Hospitality/Restaurant (credit card/debit card reader, serial printers)
- Add eight RS-232 DB9 connections to your desktop computer, through two PCIe expansion card slots
- 16C1050 UART
- High-speed data transfer rates of up to 921.4Kbps
- Versatile use with mounting brackets for low profile and standard cases
- Supports 256-byte FIFO per transmitter and receiver