StarTech.com 4-Port Industrial USB to RS-232-422-485 Serial Adapter - 15 kV ESD Protection - USB to Serial Adapter
Add four extra COM ports to your laptop or desktop computer, quickly and easily. This USB to RS232/422/485 serial adapter lets you connect to your serial devices through an external USB port.Supports multiple serial protocols
The versatile serial adapter converts a single USB port into four RS232/RS422/RS485 serial ports, enabling you to connect, monitor, and control a wide range of serial devices, such as sensors, barcode scanners, and LED signage. It supports four operating modes, including RS232, RS422, 4-wire and 2-wire RS485.Ideal for harsh environments
With its rugged IP30-rated metal hub housing, the serial adapter is built to meet the extreme demands of harsh and mission-critical environments. It provides 15 kV ESD protection, which helps to reduce downtime in industrial environments where communications lines are more prone to noise emissions or sudden spikes in voltage.
The serial adapter offers flexible mounting options, with a built-in wall-mounting bracket and included DIN rail mounting kit. It also features a screw-locking host connection plus a screw-locking USB-B connector on the included USB cable, to prevent accidental disconnections.Fast data transfers
The serial adapter is equipped with high-speed UARTs, providing fast data rates of up to 921Kbps in RS232/422/485 operating modes.
The ICUSB234854I is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Converts a single USB port into four RS232/RS422/RS485 serial ports over USB 2.0 with four modes: RS232, RS422, 4-wire and 2-wire RS485
- 15 kV ESD protection (Level 4) against noise emissions and electrical voltage surges
- DIN rail and wall mountable
- Rugged IP30 rated metal hub housing and screw-locking host connection, ideal for harsh industrial environments
- Data transfer baud rate up to 921.6Kbps
- COM port expansion with COM