StarTech.com 3-Port USB-C Hub with Ethernet, 3x USB-A, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 5Gbps, Bus-Powered, Portable Laptop USB Type-C Hub w/ GbE
This USB-C Hub with Gigabit Ethernet adds three USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) ports and one Gigabit Ethernet port to a USB-C enabled computer. The bus-powered USB Hub connects to a USB-C port on a laptop computer, using the built-in 1 ft. (30 cm) host cable. This USB hub is compact in size, facilitating portability when travelling.
The USB hub features a Gigabit Ethernet adapter. The Ethernet controller is compatible with the IEEE 802.3u/ab standards and supports Wake-on-LAN (WoL), Jumbo Frames, and V-LAN Tagging. The network adapter enhances laptop network reliability, security, and performance, by utilizing wired 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet.
Connect up to Three USB-A Devices
The 3-port USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) Hub adds three USB-A ports by connecting to a single USB-C port. The USB hub is backward compatible with USB 2.0 (480Mbps) devices, ensuring support for a wide range of modern and legacy USB peripherals (e.g., external storage devices, thumb drives, HDDs/SSDs, HD cameras, mice, keyboards, webcams, and audio headsets).
The USB Hub is bus-powered. It draws up to 15W of power from the USB-C host computer. Each downstream USB-A port is capable of providing up to 4.5W (5V/0.9A) of power to the connected peripherals. For added protection to connected USB devices, the USB ports feature Overcurrent Protection (OCP). OCP prevents USB peripherals from drawing more power than is safely allocated for the port.
Plug and Play
This device is compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, iPadOS, and Android. The Hub is automatically detected and configured upon connection to a host computer. This ensures automatic installation and setting configuration with any USB-C laptop, including Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4 and USB4 computers such as Apple MacBook (Intel/M1/M2), Lenovo X1 Carbon and Dell XPS. The built-in extra long 1 ft. (30 cm) USB-C host cable ensures easy setup and reduces connector strain on 2-in-1 devices such as the Surface Pro 7, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2 and laptops on riser stands.
Enhance Productivity and Device Management with the StarTech.com Connectivity Tools Application
Developed to improve performance and security, StarTech.com Connectivity Tools is the only software suite on the market that is compatible with a wide variety of IT connectivity accessories. The software suite includes:
MAC Address Pass-Through Utility: Improve network security.
USB Event Monitoring Utility: Track and log connected USB devices.
Wi-Fi Auto Switch Utility: Enable users to quickly access faster network speeds via wired LAN.
- CONNECTIVITY TOOLS: Optimize the performance and security of this USB-C hub, using the included MAC Address Changer, USB Event Monitoring and Wi-Fi Auto Switch utilities (available for download)
- EXTRA LONG CABLE: Bus-powered USB Hub with compact housing and extra long attached 1ft. (30cm) host cable for longer reach, and to reduce connector strain when used with laptops risers or 2-in-1 devices (such as Surface Pro 7, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2)
- COMPATIBILITY: Supports all major operating systems, incl. Windows, macOS, Linux, iPadOS, ChromeOS, Android - Compatible w/ Thunderbolt 3/4 & USB4 host devices such as MacBook (Intel/M1/M2), Lenovo X1 Carbon, Dell XPS, Microsoft Surface - Works w/USB 2.0
- GIGABIT ETHERNET: The USB hub features a built-in GbE adapter to provide the reliability and security of wired Ethernet - The Ethernet controller is fully compatible with IEEE 802.3u/ab standards and supports WoL, Jumbo Frames, and V-LAN Tagging
- USB HUB WITH ETHERNET: USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) expansion hub features a USB-C host connector, 3x USB-A ports, and GbE - Each USB port can provide up to 4.5W dependent on bus power provided by laptop/computer, with overcurrent protection on downstream ports