StarTech.com 2x M.2 NGFF SSD RAID Controller Card plus 2x SATA III Ports - PCIe - Two Slot PCI Express M.2 RAID Card plus Two SATA Ports
This M.2 SSD RAID controller card lets you install two M.2 NGFF (Next Generation Form Factor) drives in your desktop computer. The card also features two SATA III (6Gbps) ports and supports hardware RAID. Now, you can merge the speed and compact size of M.2 solid state drives (SSD) with the storage capacity of traditional hard disk drives (HDD).
Leverage the size and speed of M.2 drives
This M.2 controller card lets you take advantage of the size and performance benefits of NGFF SSDs. M.2 drives are smaller than typical platter drives or mSATA-based SSDs, so you can install them in small form-factor PCs and servers, or in tighter areas within your computer case.
When you couple the card with an M.2 drive, you can give your computer's performance a noticeable speed boost. By installing your operating system on the M.2 drive, you'll have faster access to the files you commonly use, and you can continue to use your higher-capacity platter HDD for bulk storage.
Peace of mind, with simple and cost-effective data recovery
Due to their performance and size advantages, M.2 drives are commonly used in laptops. If your laptop has failed but its M.2 drive is functional, then this card can help with data recovery. Once the M.2 drive is installed and the data recovery is complete, you can continue to use the drive for storage and backup purposes.
Build a high-performance RAID array
If you need a scalable, internal storage solution that you can count on, then this card can help. It supports a range of RAID configurations (RAID 0, 1, and 10), giving you multiple ways to expand your storage, improve your computer's performance, or to create data redundancy backups.
Connect even more drives with port multiplication
Because the M.2 card supports port multiplication, you can connect up to four drives to one of the card's SATA ports. With a built-in port multiplier, you can install up to seven drives (two M.2 SSDs, five SATA drives) in your computer through this single drive controller.
Supports a wide range of drives
You can rest assured that your M.2 SATA drives are compatible with the card. It supports the most common drive sizes, including 22110, 2280, 2260, 2242 and 2230. For more versatility, the card also supports hybrid drives.
The PEXM2SAT3422 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- EXPAND STORAGE CAPABILITIES: This M.2 SATA RAID Controller Card adds two internal M.2 SATA ports and two 7-pin SATA ports through PCIe, for convenient setup of hardware RAID configurations or additional storage drives; Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux
- VERSATILE HARDWARE RAID: Supports Hardware RAID 0, 1, 10 (1+0), and JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks); Port Multiplier supports up to four SATA drives on a single SATA host port; Supports up to seven total drives (2x M.2 SSDs, 5x SATA drives)
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: Supports all standard SATA and M.2 NGFF drive sizes (22110, 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230); Adjustable stand-offs and mounting holes; Compatible with PCIe x4, x8, or x16 slots; Includes full & low-profile brackets and M.2 mounting screws
- INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY: This M.2 SATA RAID Controller Card is the ideal solution for creating a high-performance hardware RAID array to protect and back up your data, or expand your system's storage capabilities to improve overall performance
- THE IT PRO'S CHOICE: Designed and built for IT professionals, this TAA compliant M.2 SATA SSD RAID Controller Card is backed for 2 years, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance