StarTech.com 2-Port USB 3.0 Extender over OM3 Multimode Fiber, LC-LC, 2x 5Gbps USB-A Hub, 350m (1150ft), Durable USB Fiber Optic Extender
With this high-performance USB over Multimode Fiber Extender you can extend 5Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 1 signals over an OM3 LC to LC fiber cable with a range of up to 1150ft (350m).
Overcome Distance Limitations
This USB fiber extender enables you to exceed the inherent distance and bandwidth limitations of copper CAT cable-based USB extenders. You can use this extender for various applications such as high-resolution (HD/4K) USB webcams (i.e. Logitech BrioPro, Google Camera), sensors, remote surveillance and monitoring equipment, controlling machines/equipment at a distance, SCADA systems, Point of Sale (POS) systems, printing/scanning, and remote data storage.
The optical USB Extender comes with a secure locking power adapter for the remote receiver unit which can provide 5V (0.9A) to each port for applications requiring USB bus power. The local extender (transmitter) is USB bus powered by the host computer.
Reliable Data Transfer
Unlike copper network or USB cables, a fiber connection is not affected by EMI (Electromagnetic Interference). This ensures a reliable USB data connection without signal degradation or interference, even when routed through challenging EMI environments.
Compact and Durable Design
The transmitter and receiver units feature a durable aluminum construction for extra protection and longevity in harsher environments. With dimensions of only 1.1 x 2.2 x 3.6 in (28 x 57 x 93 mm), the units use very little room, allowing for installations in tight spaces.
The Point-to-Point extender features driverless setup and is compatible with major operating systems including Windows, macOS, Linux. The kit includes two 10G MMF SFP+ modules and is not compatible with network switches and routers.
The TAA-compliant USB over fiber extender is backed for 2 years, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance.
- USB 3.0 OVER FIBER EXTENDER: Extend and connect two USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) devices up to 1150 ft (350 m) away over an OM3 multimode LC to LC fiber cable - Built with durable aluminum construction for high wear and tear environments
- CONNECT REMOTE USB DEVICES: Works as a two port USB hub at remote location on a campus or between buildings for connecting USB cameras, POS devices, printers, scanners, plotters, keyboard/mouse, storage - Connection and power LEDs for activity and status
- RELIABLE DATA TRANSFER: Unlike copper cable, optical fiber is not affected by Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), ensuring that the USB signal is delivered from transmitter to receiver without signal degradation or interference over long distances
- ACTIVE USB EXTENDER: The secure locking power adapter (included) for the remote receiver unit provides 5V (0.9A) to each port - the local extender (transmitter) is USB bus powered by the host computer - Includes secure screw locking USB cable
- EASY SETUP: The Point-to-Point USB fiber extender features driverless setup and is compatible with major operating systems incl. Windows, macOS, Linux - 2x 10G MMF SFP+ modules included - Compatible with USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 - Not compatible w/ LAN equipment