StarTech.com 2 port PCI Express SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card with UASP Support - 1 Internal 1 External
The PEXUSB3S11 PCI Express USB 3.0 Card lets you add one internal, and one external USB 3.0 port to your PC through a PCI Express slot.
Featuring a native NEC PCI Express host controller chipset, the new USB 3.0 standard supports transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, while still providing backward compatibility with older USB 2.0 (480Mbps) and 1.1 (12Mbps) devices. The inclusion of an internal USB 3.0 connection provides the added benefit of compatibility with USB 3.0-based internal storage solutions or front-bay hubs.
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
For bus-powered USB devices, this PCIe USB 3.0 card includes an optional SATA power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.0 devices (500mA for USB 2.0).
Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows® 8 andServer 2012. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70% faster read / 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also showed up to an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Test results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, StarTech.com add-on USB 3.0 cards, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Fully supports the following USB Communication Types: Control/Bulk/Interrupt/Isochronous Transfer
- Supports PCI Bus Power Management Interface Specification revision 1.2
- USB ports are Hot Swapping and Plug-and-Play compliant
- Backward compatible with previous USB standards
- Supports USB transfer speeds of 5Gbps (Super Speed), 480Mbps (High Speed), 12Mbps (Full Speed), and 1.5Mbps (Low Speed)
- UASP support for more efficient data transfer
- PCI Express 2.0 Compliant
- Fully compliant with USB 3.0 revision 1.0 specifications and Intel xHCI rev0.96 specifications
- Optional SATA power connector for up to 900mA per port output
- Provides both internal and external USB 3.0 connections