StarTech.com 16-Port Industrial USB 3.0 Hub 5Gbps, Mountable, Terminal Block Power Up to 120W Shared, USB Charging, Dual-Host Hub/Switch
Engineered for Use in Industrial Environments
This USB hub is built to withstand harsh industrial environments. It features a rugged steel housing that provides protection against physical hazards such as drops and impacts. It is equipped with Level-4 ESD protection, with 15kV air and 8kV contact discharge ratings, to safeguard against damage caused by static electricity. These features make the USB hub an excellent choice for use in factories, production lines, and other industrial settings.
Three Mounting Options
The 16-Port USB Hub offers three mounting options to accommodate a wide variety of applications, from IT to industrial. The 19"" rackmount rails included with the 16-Port USB hub are compliant with EIA-310 standards, ensuring compatibility with standard racks. These rails can be used to install the USB hub into 1U of rack space for applications in data centers and server rooms. The built-in surface mount is perfect for workstations, desks, or walls, where users need quick access to the USB hub. The standard DIN-rail (Top Hat/TH) mounting hardware is best suited for industrial automation and control equipment.
Connect and Charge USB Devices
This USB Hub features two 12-24V DC power options. Power can be inputted using the 2-wire terminal block connector or the barrel connector. Both options enable support for USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2 (BC 1.2) with 120W shared across all ports. Ports are grouped in 8 pairs (1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12, 13&14, 15&16) and each pair supports max 3.0A/15W combined (1.5A/7.5W per port), or max 2.0A/10W per port when only one of both ports is used.
The USB Hub can connect to two separate desktop or laptop computers, and features a dual-host switch that enables easy toggling between them. The dual-host switch provides a convenient solution for applications requiring two host devices.
Wide Device Compatibility
This USB Hub is OS independent ensuring compatibility with all operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- DUAL-HOST SWITCH: With a 2-port host switch, this USB hub can connect to two separate desktop or laptop computers and seamlessly switch between primary host devices, using the manual rocker switch
- POWER & CHARGE: When connected to a power source, the multiport USB expansion hub supports BC 1.2 charging; 120W is shared across all ports with 16 ports simultaneously charging at max 1.5A/7.5W per port, or up to 8 ports at max 2.0A/10W charging
- POWER OPTIONS: The rugged USB 3.0 hub can be powered by either the DC barrel connection or DC 2-wire terminal block, using a 12 to 24V DC power source (DC adapter not incl.); Overcurrent protection protects connected devices from overdrawing power
- FLEXIBLE MOUNTING OPTIONS: EIA-310 compliant mounting brackets for 1U 19"" rackmount installation; Built-in mounting ears for wall/desk installation; DIN-rail mounting hardware; Screw-lock-enabled connectors on all ports facilitate reliable connections
- 16-PORT INDUSTRIAL USB HUB: USB 3.2 Gen 1 hub w/metal housing for durability in harsh environments & Level 4 ESD protection (15kV air/8kV contact); 16x USB-A Ports; 5Gbps shared; 10ft long host cable; USB Event Monitoring utility (available for download)