QNAP QSW-M408-4C Ethernet Switch
Entry-level 10GbE Layer 2 Web Managed Switch for SMB Network Deployment
The QSW-M408-4C is a Layer 2 Web Managed Switch equipped with four 10GbE SFP+/RJ45 combo ports and eight Gigabit ports. Supporting Layer 2 switching and network management via a user-friendly web user interface, the QSW-M408-4C offers flexible deployment in hybrid high-speed network environments and provides an entry-level network management solution that is usable even by non-IT professionals. The QSW-M408-4C is compatible with 10GbE and NBASE-T technologies that supports up to five speeds (10G / 5G / 2.5G / 1G / 100M) to provide higher transmission speeds with existing Cat 5e and 6a cables. With its high performance, user-friendly management features and desktop size, the QSW-M408-4C allows you to instantly upgrade to a hybrid high-speed network environment at a cost-effective price, while optimizing network bandwidth and ensuring network maintenance security.
- The QSW-M408-4C is equipped with four 10GbE SFP+/ RJ45 combo ports and eight Gigabit ports. Compatible with 10GbE and NBASE-T technologies to support five speeds (10G / 5G / 2.5G / 1G / 100M), the QSW-M408-4C offers higher transmission speeds when used with existing cables.
- Featuring a user-friendly web UI, the QNAP Switch System (QSS) provides an overview dashboard, port management and setting guide, making central network management intuitive and easy.
- The QSW-M408-4C provides Layer 2 management features, such as LACP, VLAN, ACL and LLDP for IT administrators to efficiently control the network bandwidth and enhance security.
- The QSW-M408-4C is one the few web-managed switches that supports Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP). You can easily and efficiently deploy small/medium-scale networks that support expansion, redundancy and loop prevention.
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet and IEEE802.3x Flow Control in full-duplex mode, the QSW-M408-4C avoids packet loss from unparalleled bandwidth, and reduces power consumption for low-speed and inactive connections.
- QSS (QNAP Switch System) helps administrators update firmware with just one click, ensuring network security.
Flexible deployment with multiple 10G SFP+ fiber and Gigabit ports
The QSW-M408-4C provides four 10GbE SFP+/RJ45 combo ports and eight Gigabit ports for connecting various devices and enabling hybrid high-speed networks. With SFP+ interfaces, direct attach copper (DAC) cables can be used for connecting directly to SFP+ devices. You can also use RJ45 ports to connect 10GBASE-T/NBASE-T™ devices through RJ45 Category 6, 5 or 5e cabling. The switching capacity of QSW-M408-4C is 96Gbps, guaranteeing the full potential of each port.
QSS: Intuitive Network Management Software with Web GUI
The QSW-M408-4C uses the QNAP Switch System (QSS), which features an easy-to-use Web GUI with value-added functions to simplify network set up and management.Sleek Design
Use the at-a-glance major functions, flat control layers and one-click login to simplify set up and management.GUI
The visual illustration matches physical ports for greater usability.Value-added Functions
With the setting guide, status chart reference, online firmware update, the learning and management costs are greatly reduced.
- Expand your network capacity with the help of 8 networking ports and transfer your data quickly and easily
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for high-speed data transfer up to 100 meters
- Gigabit Ethernet port for ultra-fast network speeds
- Layer 2 switch provides a complete lineup of features including IGMP snooping, port mirroring, and spanning tree
- Managed switch provides a reliable foundation for your network
- No need to deal with power supply issues, the switch comes with a separate AC adapter to power up the unit
- The desktop installation makes it ideal for deployments outside the wiring closet