Plugable USB C to DisplayPort Adapter - 6ft (1.8m) Adapter Cable
Plugable USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Cable
The Plugable USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Cable enables a DisplayPort display to be connected to a computer via a USB-C port or Thunderbolt 3 port which supports "VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode over USB-C" ("Alt Mode").
Supports resolutions up to 3840x2160@60Hz (4K) on DisplayPort displays.
Alt Mode adapters allow you to add an additional display output easily and inexpensively on supported systems. Since DisplayPort Alternate Mode is a direct pipeline to the host graphics processor (GPU) in your system, the connected display will function with the same uncompromising performance of a natively attached display.
Video and photo editing, gaming, and other resource-intensive tasks are possible assuming that the system's GPU capabilities are sufficient for the application being used.
Plug and Play installation on any Windows, Mac, or Linux host which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) video output functionality.
Adapter has been fully tested for functionality on the 2018 iPad Pro (mirroring only), 2018 MacBook Air, 2017 iMac/iMac Pro, 2017 & 2018 MacBook/MacBook Pro, MacBook Retina 12" 2016 / 2017, Google Pixelbook, Chromebook Pixel 2015, Dell XPS 13 9360 / 9370 & XPS 15 9560 / 9570, Lenovo P50, and Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+.
Audio is supported on DisplayPort capable TVs and monitors with built-in speakers.
Note: Apple has limited the 4K abilities of the 2016 and previous 12" MacBook to only support 30Hz.
Most current phones and tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alt Mode video output.
ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alt Mode video at this time.
DisplayPort connector cannot be converted to HDMI, DVI, or VGA.
Our cable is not bi-directional and can only work with DisplayPort port displays.
Motherboards with dual USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports are limited to a single Alt Mode output; only one Alt Mode adapter supported per system.
Adapter is capable of passing Multi-Stream data. However, DisplayPort MST daisy chaining is dependent upon the host system, graphics drivers, and monitors being used.
- Usb-C To Dp - Utilizes the native video capabilities of USB-C ports on supported computers to drive a DisplayPort monitor with resolutions up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz (4K)
- Operating Systems - Supported on Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, and Linux, as long as the computer has a USB-C port which supports video. Plug and Play; no software installation required
- Compatibility Guarantee - Works with 2018+ iPad Pro, modern Mac computers, Dell XPS, Microsoft Surface Book 2, HP Spectre x360 systems with Thunderbolt 3 ports, and other systems which support DisplayPort Alternate Mode over USB-C
- Important Note - Requires USB-C port which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode, or Thunderbolt 3 port. Please note the Apple 12" MacBook only supports up to 4K 30Hz. Not a bi-directional cable, can only work with DisplayPort displays
- Warranty and Support - Questions only an expert can answer? When you contact our support team, you're connecting with the engineers who design our devices. Every Plugable product is backed by our Seattle-based support team-even before purchase, and a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty after purchase