HP XMM 7360 LTE-Advance WWAN
Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) is an optional feature sold separately or as an add-on feature on select HP notebooks, Ultrabooks and tablets
HP Mobile Broadband modules provide integrated WWAN technology such as LTE, DC-HSPA+, HSPA+, HSDPA, HSUPA, WCDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, CDMA, and GNSS connectivity over several radio frequency bands. (Select modules also supports 2G / 3G roaming). HP Mobile Broadband modules use this integrated WWAN technology to connect to wireless networks operated by mobile network operators in many countries worldwide. (Separately purchased mobile operator service required.)
A WWAN connection requires wireless data service contract, network operator support, and is not available in all areas. Contact a service provider (e.g. Mobile Network Operator) to determine the coverage area and availability. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
Selected HP Mobile Broadband Wireless notebooks support Wireless WAN (WWAN) as an after-market option if ordered as a Wireless WAN (WWAN) ready configuration option. This provides customers the opportunity of adding Wireless WAN (WWAN) as an after-market option providing cost-efficient solution of adding WWAN post purchase.
By offering customers this WWAN ready configuration option; HP can offer customers and integrated wireless wide area network (WWAN) option by way of after-market option kit.
If the notebook is ordered with a WWAN Ready Configuration the HP production process allows for the customers to order a notebook without a HP Broadband module but receive a system that has:
- WWAN antennae built into assembly
- Supports aftermarket WWAN option (user accessible / upgradeable)
- Subscriber identity module (SIM) user-accessible
Select HP Mobile Broadband Wireless notebooks support Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) only if ordered from the factory (Select systems are not WWAN upgradeable post purchase)
- With an HP Mobile Broadband-enabled notebook and wireless carrier service, you can check e-mail, browse the Internet, and connect to corporate networks from anywhere within your mobile operators coverage area, whether you are stationary or on the go. Enjoy the freedom of connecting in more places, the speed of broadband, the coverage of 3G or 4G networks, and the security, reliability, and ease of use of HP Business Notebooks that are Mobile Broadband enabled today!
- Your HP WWAN Notebook comes preinstalled with HP Connection that enables the user to use this this generic connection manager with any SIM card from any mobile operator to set up this WWAN connection.
- Convenience of having mobile wireless connectivity already set up as soon as you get your notebook, less obtrusive than a USB 3G or 4G notebook stick.
- Enhance security by avoiding connections at hotels, airports, and hotspots with built-in support for VPN applications
- Integrated 3G and / or 4G WWAN technology from Intel, Ericsson or Qualcomm enables high-speed Internet access via HP Mobile Broadband modules.
- HP Mobile Broadband Modules allow international roaming in many countries through support for multiple LTE /UMTS/HSPA /CDMA frequency bands and five GPRS/EDGE bands commonly used worldwide. (support varies by card, see table below)
- Integrated GPS can help you accurately identify your location around the world and permit personal navigation to guide you where you need to go.