HGST Ultrastar Data60 SE-4U60-12F06 Drive Enclosure - 12Gb/s SAS Host Interface - 4U Rack-mountable
This new platform addresses the demanding storage needs of large enterprise customers, storage OEMs, cloud service providers and resellers/integrators that require dense, shared HDD or hybrid storage. The Ultrastar Data60® Hybrid Storage Platform provides the flexibility to specify the HDD and SSD combinations to balance capacity, performance and cost.
Designed for Big Data
Conventional dense disk shelves frequently suffer from performance degradation due to induced vibration from adjacent drives. Traditional platforms also have cooling challenges as the cooling air passes over successive rows of drives, losing effectiveness as it gets heated up along the airflow path. Developing storage devices and platforms side-by-side, we address these challenges through vertical innovation, a set of technologies developed based on a holistic view of devices, platform, and their interactions. The first two of these patented technologies are IsoVibe™ and ArcticFlow™. IsoVibe reduces vibration-induced performance degradation, while ArcticFlow overcomes the cooling issues by introducing cool air into the middle of the platform. Both these technologies contribute to long-term reliability, enabling our five-year limited warranty on the entire platform.
- Up to 60 Ultrastar® He12 HDDs (SAS or SATA)
- Up to 720TB of raw storage in 4U
- Dual-port SAS for high availability or single-port SATA for low cost
- Hybrid support for up to 24 SSDs (SAS or SATA) to create a data acceleration tier
- 4 rack units height, 712mm depth
- Up to 12 x 12Gb/s SAS3 host connections
- Patented IsoVibe technology ensures maximum performance even in heavy workloads
- Enterprise-grade redundant and hot-swappable PSUs, IO Modules and fans
- Improved cooling from innovative, patented ArcticFlow technology
- Rack-mounted top cover for quick and easy service