Gefen VGA & Audio to HD Scaler - Converter
Scale and convert video and audio from a VGA source for use with an HDMI Display
The Gefen EXT-VGAA-HD-SC scales and converts video from a VGA source to digital video from an HDMI output. It can also embed analog L/R audio into HDMI. Video can be scaled up to 1080p Full HD and 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA). An intuitive and comprehensive on-screen display (OSD) menu allows easy set-up and control. This product can be configured and updated using the Gefen Syner-G™ software suite. The Gefen Syner-G™ is a powerful set of software tools specifically designed to help discover, configure/customize, manage, monitor, and upgrade Gefen products. Wide power supply operating range of 6V to 24V DC offers installation flexibility for mobile use, in complex studio systems with a common power supply, and with remotely located power sources. A locking power supply connector, small footprint, and a surface-mountable enclosure facilitate easy and secure installation.
How It Works
Use the included VGA cable to connect a VGA source to the VGA input. Connect the included 3.5mm mini-stereo cable from the source to the L/R audio input. Use a Gefen locking HDMI cable to connect a display to the HDMI output. Connect the included 12V DC power supply to the unit and to an available electrical outlet. The power LED will glow in blue once the power supply is plugged in. Once the unit is connected, powered on, and displaying video, press the Menu button to bring up the On-Screen Display (OSD). The Up and Dn (down) buttons are used to navigate through the various functions of the OSD.
- Converts and scales VGA and L/R analog audio to HDMI
- Input resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)
- Output resolutions up to 1080p60 and 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)
- On-screen display (OSD) menu allows easy set-up and control
- Aspect Ratio Control: Full Screen, Panoramic, Letter/Pillar, Extract/Crop
- Test Pattern Generator for quick system configuration
- Embeds 2-channel analog stereo audio in HDMI signal
- Gefen Syner-G™ simplifies in-field firmware updates and advanced EDID management including custom input timings
- USB port for use with Gefen Syner-G™
- Wide power supply operating range (6V to 24V DC)