Black Box USB 2.0 Extender - CAT5, 1-Port
Extend USB 2.0 peripherals beyond the 16 ft (5 m) limitation up to 328 ft (100 m) over CATx, and power it locally or remotely. Extend a USB peripheral connection beyond the desktop to USB keyboards, mice, printers, webcams, interactive whiteboards, and other devices. The extender receives power locally or remotely, so you have the flexibility to power the extender where it is most convenient for you. Use it, for instance, in industrial control, factory floor, classroom, or meeting room applications where you're short on power outlets. The extender supplies up to 500 mA to the downstream USB device and offers reliable operation with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 devices.
- Transmitter and receiver units featuring mounting slots on their sides.
- Includes 6-foot (1.8-m) USB cable for transmitter-to-host connection.
- Plug and play. No software drivers to load on a host computer.
- Supports all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®.
- Compatible with USB devices operating at speeds up to 480 Mbps.
- Works with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 hosts.
- Gives you the option to power it locally or remotely. Transmits power over the UTP cable.
- Extend USB 2.0 signaling over CAT5 cable to a remote USB peripheral.