Black Box Serial-Terminal Block Data Transfer Adapter
For an interface-powered modem, the SHM-NPR really packs a punch. Forget about the 50-foot (15.2-m) RS-232 limit. This simple, plug-in SHM pushes data up to 1.2 miles (2 km) at 19.2 kbps or more than 5 miles (8 km) at 2400 bps.
This 4-screw SHM has a DB25 male connector that plugs into your terminal.
To connect your asynchronous devices to a host, use a pair of our SHM-NPRs - or a single SHM-NPR and a Short-Haul Modem-B Async (ME800A-R3). The SHM-NPR is powered from the RS-232 interface. If your device doesn't provide interface power, use the ME800A-R3 on one side of the line.
- Full duplex operation over 4-wire CATx
- Data rate up to 19.2 kbps
- Range of up to 8 km (5 miles) at 19.2 kbps over 24 AWG lines
- Transformer isolation to protect unit
- DCE/DTE switch for easy direct connection no special cables needed.
- Interface powered by handshake signals no AC power required