Black Box MultiPower Miniature Transceiver/Media Converter
Bring fiber to the desktop more conveniently and at a lower cost than installing fiber NICs.
Black Box® Multipower Miniature Media Converters make it easy to bring fiber to the desktop. Just connect a Miniature Media Converter to your PC's copper port with a CAT5 cable, then connect a fiber cable to the converter's other side. That's all there is to it! Best of all, you can tuck these tiny converters unobtrusively behind your PC.
The converters not only link 10- and 100-Mbps segments to fiber cabling, they also work as data rate converters, performing 10/100 autonegotiation on the twisted-pair port.
Choose from multimode duplex, single-mode duplex, and single-mode single-strand duplex fiber versions.
For extra versatility, you can power the Multipower Miniature Media Converter one of three ways: through the external AC power supply included with each converter, through the optional USB Power Adapter Cable (LHC021A), which plugs into a PC's USB port and is sold separately, or through the optional rackmount PowerTray (LHC018A-AC-R2).
Media Converter Fast Ethernet Single Mode 1310nm 40km ST. 10/100Mbps copper to 100Mbps fiber. Typical Enterprise applications include LAN extension, fiber mode conversion, or Ethernet speed conversion. These media converters feature a small metal enclosure that can be used stand alone or inserted into a high density rack mount chassis, LHC018A-AC-R2. Converters include an external 100-240VAC power adapter with US and Europe plug clips. Converters may also be powered from a USB port using the LHC021A USB power cable. The LHC018A-AC-R2 chassis is 1.5U high, has slots for up to 18 media converters, and includes a 100-240VAC power supply. The media converters are unmanaged, plug and play with no configuration.
- Compliant to EN62368
- Brings fiber to the desktop more conveniently and at a lower cost than installing fiber NICs.
- Connects Ethernet or Fast Ethernet to fiber optic cable.
- Compact size-measures just 0.8"H x 1.8"W x 3.4"D.
- Autonegotiates for speed and duplex.
- A DIP switch enables Link Fault Pass-Through to be turned on and off for better troubleshooting.
- Powered by a universal AC power supply, a PC's USB port, or the optional rackmountable PowerTray.
- Auto MDI/MDI-X means you never need to worry about what kind of cable to use.