Black Box MultiPower Miniature Transceiver-Media Converter
Bring fiber to the desktop more conveniently and at a lower cost than installing fiber NICs.
Black Box® Multipower Miniature Media Converters make it easy to bring fiber to the desktop. Just connect a Miniature Media Converter to your PC's copper port with a CAT5 cable, then connect a fiber cable to the converter's other side. That's all there is to it! Best of all, you can tuck these tiny converters unobtrusively behind your PC.
The converters not only link 10- and 100-Mbps segments to fiber cabling, they also work as data rate converters, performing 10/100 autonegotiation on the twisted-pair port.
Choose from multimode duplex, single-mode duplex, and single-mode single-strand duplex fiber versions.
For extra versatility, you can power the Multipower Miniature Media Converter one of three ways: through the external AC power supply included with each converter, through the optional USB Power Adapter Cable (LHC021A), which plugs into a PC's USB port and is sold separately, or through the optional rackmount PowerTray (LHC018A-AC-R2).
- Auto MDI/MDI-X means you never need to worry about what kind of cable to use.
- Powered by a universal AC power supply, a PC's USB port, or the optional rackmountable PowerTray.
- Autonegotiates for speed and duplex.
- A DIP switch enables Link Fault Pass-Through to be turned on and off for better troubleshooting.
- Compact size-measures just 0.8"H x 1.8"W x 3.4"D.
- Connects Ethernet or Fast Ethernet to fiber optic cable.
- Brings fiber to the desktop more conveniently and at a lower cost than installing fiber NICs.
- Compliant to EN62368