Black Box Industrial DIN Rail RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 Fiber Driver, Single-Mode
The MED102A is our premium serial to single-mode fiber optic converter. It provides versatile connections between asychronous full- or half-duplex serial equipment using duplex single-mode fiber optic cable. The converter can also be set up in a multi-drop configuration to allow one serial device to communicate with multiple devices on a fiber ring. It supports mixed standards, which allows you to replace other converters and isolators and add the EMI/RFI protection inherent to fiber optic communications.
- Data-derived or RTS transmit/receive switching (RS-485)
- Indicator LEDS monitor signal and power
- Extended ambient operating range -40 to +176° F (-40 to +80° C)
- Ideal for fiber applications that use different interface protocols.
- Communicate signals in a point-to-point or ring topology.